Posted by mamapastel
This recipe is the best thing that has ever happened to me! I have used this recipe to make my cousins wedding cake!
The Best Tres Leches Cake
- 1 3/4 C all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 eggs seperated
- 1 1/4 C sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Soaking liquid
- 1 can evaporated milk (12oz)
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk (14oz)
- 1/3 C heavy cream
1. Heat oven to 350. Coat 10 inch round springform pan with nonstick spray. Line bottom of pan with waxed paper; caot paper.
2. Cake: Whisk flour and baking powder together. In bowl, beat whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add 1/4 C of sugar, until stiff peaks form.
3. In seperate bowl, beat yolks with remaining 1 C sugar and van until thickened, about 3 min. Fold in whites, then flour mixture. Pour batter into pan. Bake for 38 min or until top springs back when pressed. Cool in pan for 10 to 15 min.
4. In bowl, whisk the milks together. With a wooden spoon, poke holes all over top of cake.
5. Place cake pan on plate or rack, and carefully pour milk mixture over cake until all soaked in. refridgerate overnight or for at least 6 to 8 hrs.
6. Take sides of pan off and invert cake on plate or platter. Take off waxed paper.
7. I top mine with fresh whipped cream stabalized with piping gel for more stability. You can also use frozen thawed whipped topping in a pinch. Add fresh fruit to your liking, or other pie fillings.
* To make this a Pina Colada cake, switch the condensed milk for a can of cream of coconut, add crushed pineapple to top of cake before topping with fresh cream. Some sliced almonds around the sides, pineapple chunks, maraschino cherries and flaked coconut on top for garnish! This is my husbands favorite cake! I hope you will enjoy too!! Who cares, its sooo good!!