Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Easy Vanilla Sponge CakeEdited on 7/27/10
- Maraschino Cherry Cake
- topicSponge Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by CakesDownTheFamilyLineThe Swiss Roll is like a sponge cake but in a roll and is easy to make. Great thing about it you can fill it up with any thing you want and because its a roll it will look great as a last minute tea party dessert.
- 6 eggs(with yolk separated from the whites) 1 cup of sugar 1 cup of flour The pan needs to be shallow and rectangular and about 15 inches in length and 9 in width(and idea you can have a bigger one if you want but that about the size i used) Line it with parchment paper and for best result put oil on it and spread it with a brush. Spatula Brush for spreading oil Parchment paper Clean towel
- Separate the yolk from the whites and put them in two different containers.
- Beat the egg whites until they they at least double in size and become like bubbles.
- When the whites reach the right size keep on beating and slowly add sugar.
- When the sugar and whites become one beat it for like a minute more to be sure and then add the yolk.
- Beat the whites and yolk together until they are mixed well and become a pale yellow.
- Six st:
- And repeat the process of beating and adding but with flour. The mix will be pale yellow and thick.
- Pour in the prepared pan till like 3/4 full and bake at 325F for 10-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- When baked remove from the oven. Get a clean towel and spread it over the baked soon to be roll. Then use a spatula that is thin to lift the cake of the parchment paper and roll the cake with right in with the towel.(In the end you will have a Swiss roll with a towel inside lol.) Let is cool completely.
- When it cooled take the towel out and fill it with any thing you want-jam, pudding, strawberry spread,ect...
- It tastes great! Guess can be that bad! =)
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 932 Active Users (31 Members and 901 Guests)
- › Metallic Gold Chevron Print 2 minutes ago
- › Bhahaha!!! Graduation "Cat!" 3 minutes ago
- › Frosting my cake 6 minutes ago
- › Best fix for using Americolor with MMF? 7 minutes ago
- › Pricing spread sheet?? 9 minutes ago
- › Ruffle cake 9 minutes ago
- › I'm looking for an ingredient. . . 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 12 minutes ago
- › What do you guys think of my first decorated cake 12 minutes ago
- › Sugar pearl encrusted cake help 15 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan