Posted by Steady2HandsThis is a our family's favorite strawberry cake recipe and it is super easy to make. I get lots of customer requests for it too.
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) Duncan Hines Classic White Cake mix 1 box (3oz.) Strawberry gelatin 3/4 c. vegetable oil 1/2 c. water 4 eggs 1/2 pt. frozen whole strawberries, thawed
- Preheat oven to 350. Combine cake mix and gelatin together until mixed well. Add oil, water, and eggs and mix on low for low speed until moistened (about 30 seconds). Beat at medium speed for 2 minutes. While mixture is beating, puree thawed strawberries in a blender (if you don't have a blender just mash them really well). Combine strawberries and cake batter on low speed until strawberries are incorporated. Pour into greased/floured cake pans. Turn oven down to 325. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until done.
- ~Frost with Strawberry Icing (posted by Steady2Hands) or Buttercream Icing.
- ~For a super moist cake, when cake is done let it set in pan for 10 minutes. Immediately remove cake from pan and wrap in Saran Wrap until cooled and you're ready frost it.
- ~Double this recipe for 2 (6") rounds & 2 (8") rounds