Red Velvet Cheesecake
Edited on 11/15/10
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Red Velvet Cake w/ whipped Vanilla IcingEdited on 6/22/10
- Sweeties Red Velvet Cake
- topicSouthern U S
Alphabetical Article List
Sarah's Red Velvet Cake TWEAKED
Posted by CakeproThis is a WONDERFUL red velvet cake recipe that I tweaked. The original recipe called for twice as much red food coloring, which bothered me, so I halved the amount and found the results to be exactly the same. Enjoy!
Sarah's Red Velvet Cake TWEAKED
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour 1 1/2 cups sugar 3 Tbsp baking cocoa 1/2 tsp salt 1 1/4 tsp baking soda 1 cup butter (not margarine) 2 eggs 1 ounce red food coloring 1 cup buttermilk 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Sift dry ingredients together and set aside.
- Place butter and sugar in bowl of electric mixer and beat at medium-speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat in eggs, one at a time. With mixer on low, add red food coloring (be careful not to splash it, as it stains almost everything). Add vanilla. Add flour mixture alternately with buttermilk in two batches. Scrape bowl and mix just long enough to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pans and bake for 28 - 35 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs clinging to the toothpick. Cool in pan for 10 minutes and then gently turn cakes out onto cooling rack to cool to room temperature.
- This cake pairs well with both cream cheese frosting as well as the mildly sweet frosting called Mary Kay Icing (also available here in the recipe section).
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 1003 Active Users (20 Members and 983 Guests)
- › Not TOO sweet Fondant 1 minute ago
- › Almonds? 3 minutes ago
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 4 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 5 minutes ago
- › Trademark Infringement 5 minutes ago
- › Tight center gardenia with expanding petals spiraling out 18 minutes ago
- › Family and Cupcakes 19 minutes ago
- › Fondx Vs Satin Ice! 50 minutes ago
- › Paper cones that fit on a cone shaped flower nail 50 minutes ago
- › Recognize these cutters? 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net