Posted by stefiThis is a very old and tasty Austo-Hungarian recipe.
- Layers 10 egg whites 300 g castor sugar 300 g grinded walnuts 2TBS flour ?00? (fine sifted bread crumbs can be used) Filling: 10 egg yolks 200 g castor sugar 50 g chocolate 250 g butter 3 TBS strong black coffee
- 1.Beat egg whites and sugar until firm peaks form, then add walnut and flour mixing carefully with wooden spatula. Spread this mixture on baking paper forming 5 even circles. Bake them on 180 Celsius for about 10 min. (depende on oven, after 5 min.in start watching them). Move them to cooling rack and let cool.
- 2.For filling mix egg yolks with sugar, then put them in Bain Marie, add chocolate, and keep stirring until become thick. Remove from fire, add coffee and let cool (cover with foil to prevent drying of top layer)
- 3.Mix butter until fluffy, and add spon by spon cold mixture (from section 2)
- 4.Spread this cream on baked and cooled walnut layers evenly forming a cake. Spread some on sides and top as well.
- 5.Garnish with Ganache icing
- 6.Garnish bottom end with roasted flaked almonds.
- 7.Bon Apetit!
- 100 g = 1679KJ