BEIGNETS - (BEEN - YA)
Edited on 12/28/11
- King CakeEdited on 2/24/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Key Lime
- topicCajun And Creole
Alphabetical Article List
Quick King Cake
Posted by AnonymousThis is a quick and easy way to make king cakes. This is an adaptation of Emeril Lagasse's original recipe. Enjoy and Laissez les bon temps roulez!
Quick King Cake
- 2 (12 oz) cans of cresent rolls or refrigerated sweet dough ¼ cup cinnamon ¼ cup sugar ½ cup butter 1 cup icing (see below) 1 ½ cups sugar (divided into 3 parts) Food coloring (golden yellow (or gold), purple, green) Or decorator?s sugar bought in yellow, purple and green
- 1.After opening the cans of crescent rolls, unroll in one piece, side by side on the short side. With your fingers, press seams together to form one long piece of dough.
- 2.Melt the butter, then gently brush over the dough.
- 3.Mix together cinnamon and sugar, then gently spread over the buttered dough.
- 4.Starting on the long end, carefully roll the dough, horizontally, with the cinnamon sugar inside. Insert plastic baby at any place within the dough.
- 5.Place on baking pan with the seam side down in a circle, pinching the ends together.
- 6.Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7.While the cake is baking, use the food coloring to dye the sugar.
- 8.When cake is cool, pour icing over the top of the cake. Sprinkle with the colored sugar, alternating the three colors as you go around the circle.
- 9.For icing: Combine 2 cups of powdered sugar, 2 tbsp lemon juice and 2 tbsp water until smooth.
- King Cake
Currently, there are 794 Active Users (19 Members and 775 Guests)
- › FINALLY a scratch WASC recipe! 23 seconds ago
- › Minnie mouse cake disaster 16 minutes ago
- › My newest "trick" 42 minutes ago
- › URGENT!! Baking a three layer cake - How do you all do it? 43 minutes ago
- › mixing colors 53 minutes ago
- › Mr Kipling ANGEL SLICES.........? 55 minutes ago
- › Pricing my cake... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › A Thread for all UK bakers!! 1 hour, 11 minutes ago
- › How to paint on candy melt 1 hour, 21 minutes ago
- › Help! I feel just AWFUL! 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › how to make free hand GARDEINA'S ! by galidink
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat