Posted by WarEagleThese are a really great dessert!
Pumpkin Crunch Bars
- 1 large can pumpkin 1 can evaporated milk 1 1/4 c. sugar 1 tsp. cinnamon 1 tsp. allspice 3 eggs 1 box yellow cake mix 1 c. chopped pecans 1 c. melted butter Pumpkin Crunch Frosting - SEE BELOW
- Combine pumpkin mixture (pumpkin, evaporated milk, sugar, cinnamon, allspice and eggs). Pour into a 9 x 13-inch pan (greased and lined with parchment - SEE NOTE). Pour dry cake mix over pumpkin mixture. Spread nuts evenly over dry cake. Spoon melted butter over nuts evenly. Bake at 350 degrees for 50 to 60 minutes. Let cool completely and turn over so that the nuts will be on the bottom. Take off parchment and frost with Pumpkin Crunch Frosting. (Or serve a dollop on top of each serving)
- NOTE: The reason you put parchment in the bottom of the pan (or dish) and invert to serve, is because it's much easier to cut and get out of the pan to serve.
- ALSO - to make it easier to remove from pan if you decide not to invert so that the nuts will be on the top - be sure to spread part of the chopped pecans in the pan before putting in the pumpkin mixture.
- Pumpkin Crunch Frosting:
- 1 c. powdered sugar
- 3/4 c. Cool Whip
- 1 (8 oz.) cream cheese
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- Soften cream cheese. Beat until fluffy. Beat in powdered sugar; add vanilla and Cool Whip. Frost completely cooled Pumpkin Crunch Bars.