Edited on 6/12/11
- TiramisuEdited on 6/7/11
- LIGHT CHERRY COFFEE CAKEEdited on 6/7/11
- Cherry Coffeecake
- topicCoffee Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by AnonymousThis is a great cake for those who find the usual cakes too filling. This is great for entertaining as well as for the family. If this cake stays more than 24 hours, it should be kept refrigerated.
- 3 eggs 1/2 cup butter, softened 1/2 cup white sugar 1 teaspoon lemon zest 1 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 teaspoon baking powder 1 1/4 cups plums, pitted and sliced
1 Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9 inch tube pan.
2 Separate the eggs. In a small bowl, beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form, and set aside.
3 In a large bowl, cream the butter or margarine with the sugar. Beat in the egg yolks and the lemon zest.
4 Stir together the flour and baking powder and then beat the flour mixture into the creamed mixture. Gently fold in the egg whites. Spread the batter evenly into the prepared pan. There will only be a little over an inch of batter. Arrange the plums, skin side down, attractively over the batter.
5 Bake at 375 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 40 minutes or until cake tests done. Transfer to a cooling rack and allow to cool before serving. Makes 6 servings.
- › banana cake that I can carve and use fondant 17 seconds ago
- › Looking for a cake I saw 1 minute ago
- › What words should best describe your cake? 5 minutes ago
- › Looking for a caramel cake recipe 7 minutes ago
- › Whipped cream filling in carved cake? 20 minutes ago
- › Bhahaha!!! Graduation "Cat!" 22 minutes ago
- › Metallic Gold Chevron Print 24 minutes ago
- › Frosting my cake 25 minutes ago
- › How much to charge Angry bird and gift box cake??? 27 minutes ago
- › Doubling a Wacky Cake recipe ? 29 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan