Related Forum Threads
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
- need some packaging help Last post on 11/28/12 at 9:31pm in Cupcakes!
Christine's Orange Dreamsicle Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Key Lime CupcakesEdited on 7/3/12
- Red Velvet CupcakesEdited on 6/26/12
- Coffee Squared CupcakesEdited on 5/16/12
- Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Peanut Butter FrostingEdited on 5/11/12 More ›
Alphabetical Article List
Mountain Dew Cupcakes
Posted by Brandy1621My sister inlaw is a Mountain Dew fanatic and is expecting her fourth child now. So, I wanted to do something special for her. I decided what better than Mountain Dew cupcakes that she had been asking me to make for about four months now. What?Don't judge I have been busy :). She originally saw the recipe on allthigscupcake.com. I made some changes as the original didn't have any orange flavoring so, I definately had to correct that. Hope you enjoy these as much as we did. I ate 3 and am not even the pregnant one. Sorry I don't have a picture, they didn't last long enough to take one.
Amount Ingredient 1 cup (2 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter 2 cups sugar 4 large eggs 3/4 cup Mountain Dew 1 lemon juice and zest 1 lime juice and zest 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon extract 1 tablespoon orange extract 2 3/4 cups all purpose flour 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder 1/4 teaspoon salt Icing 2 cup (4 sticks) room temperature unsalted butter 2 can sweetened condensed milk 1 lemon juice and zest 1 lime juice and zest 2 teaspoon orange extract 1 teaspoon (until desired consistency) Mountain Dew
Directions:Preheat oven to 325. Line cupcake pan with liners. Mix by hand in a medium bowl the flour, baking powder, and salt. Don't add sugar yet. It will be added with the wet ingredients in just a moment. With a stand mixer and whisk attachment, whisk butter on medium until smooth and creamy. Add sugar, lemon and lime zest and juice. Beat until light and fluffy. Add eggs one at a time and scrape the bowl between each egg. Now slowly add the dry ingredients in to the mixing bowl on low speed for about a minute until well incorporated. Add the Mountain Dew, orange extract, and lemon extract and mix until well combined. Scoop in to your lined cupcake pan until 3/4 full. Bake at 325 for about 18-22 minutes or until cake tester comes out clean. For icing add 2 cups of butter in bowl for stand mixer with whisk attachment. Whisk on medium until creamy. Add 2 cans of sweetened condensed milk and whisk on medium to high speed until stiff consistency. It will take a while to thicken up but it will happen. Add juice and zest from one lemon and one lime. Add 2 teaspoon of orange extract and mix well Now add your Mountain Dew one teaspoon at a time until it is your desired consistency. Wait for cupcakes to cool then frost and ENJOY! Makes 24 cupcakes.
- Key Lime Cupcakes
Currently, there are 1214 Active Users (22 Members and 1192 Guests)
- › Cake Boss download 1 minute ago
- › Cake Center Not Baking 2 minutes ago
- › Hello kitty topper 3 minutes ago
- › Fondant Tort Line 4 minutes ago
- › Whipped icing under fondant? 10 minutes ago
- › Why did my fondant decorations soften? 10 minutes ago
- › What are these strawberries dipped in!? HELP! 13 minutes ago
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 20 minutes ago
- › strawberry shortcake cake house help 24 minutes ago
- › Help Please .. bubble under frosting 29 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking