Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Edited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Rhond'as Ultimate Chocolate MMFEdited on 3/13/07
- Cake Balls!
Alphabetical Article List
Lisa's Best MMF Ever!
Posted by MomkiksbuttYou asked me "Pretty Please with a cherry on it" so here you go!! ;)
Lisa's Best MMF Ever!
- 1/4 cup shortening 2 1//2 tablespoons water 1 bag(large one) mini marshmellows Powdered Sugar
- Put these all in a big glass bowl. Stir together. Place in microwave for 40 sec intervals, stirring between each one, until mixture is smooth and all marshmellows have melted completely.
- Remove from microwave and add 1 pound powdered sugar. Mix like bread dough until all marshmellow mixture has been incorperated. Cover your handed with shortening as you go. Add another tablespoon if it is too dry as you knead it. Keep greasing your hand as you knead. The key is to not let it be "sticky". Once you have smooth satiny texture, you can begin to use it.
- Tip: My secret to perfectly tender and easy to work with fondant is to keep it moist. Not too moist, but just right. As I work with it, it will begin to dry out, with rolling and dusting for cutting and such. I skim it with a light touch of shortening when it begins to dry. Also, keep the used portion in a plastic bag or wrap, or in a bowl with a lid. This also helps hold the moister in. Another tip is to keep working it, each time you get done with one part, be sure to knead to warm it up with your hands and get it pliable again, and keep it soft.
- Having it soft and pliable makes it easier to roll out into bigger sections. I usually dust it with cornstarch and then lightly fold it like pie crust before putting in on the cake, this makes it easier to manuver and you get less or no tearing that way. I've learned a new technic of placing a large cake round under it too so you can just roll it and then slidee the round under and move it directly to the cake and slide it out from under. I just saw this yesterday, and haven't tried it yet. I will be testing this very soon on my next project. I'll let you know how I like it. Sounds very good to me........
- Good luck, and if you have any more questions, let me know.
- OH ONE MORE THING!! If you want to make your fondant extra tasty, add a half a teaspoon of almond extract to your water before you melt the marshmellows. Let me know how you like it!
- Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Currently, there are 632 Active Users (8 Members and 624 Guests)
- › Turnkey Projects of Flour Milling Plant 21 minutes ago
- › Purchasing Simple Flour Milling Equipment 23 minutes ago
- › Website advice 52 minutes ago
- › fresh cream cakes 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › football shirt cake 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › SPS instructions 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › Wedding Cake Pan Size 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › Swiss Meringue Buttercream... 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Questions about Wilton serving chart 1 hour, 37 minutes ago
- › Small Business Software or Cakes 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › KitchenAid KV25GOXMC Professional 5 Plus 5-Quart Stand Mixer,... by MandiRose28
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Owl Cupcake Topper by FancyTopcake
- › Dark Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats by sugarkissed_net
- › Puppy cake topper- picture tutorial by melinart
- › 3D Elmo Cake!! by THECAKEBAR
- › Monkey Cake/Cupcake Topper by melinart
- › New type of Peony Tutorial by melinart
- › Super Hero Cake Pops by sugarkissed_net
- › How to make an Eiffel Tower by prettycupcake
- › Ruffled Fondant Flower by couturecakesbyrose
- › 10 Quick and Easy steps to making a perfectly... by RoyalAidan