Edited on 6/7/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Chinese Steamed Sponge CakeEdited on 2/7/05
- Screw Pine Cake
- topicAsian Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Japanese Green Tea Petits Fours
Posted by AnonymousGreen tea-flavored petits fours with a green tea whipped cream and decorated with green tea marzipan. This recipe could also be adapted to make a layer cake or tube cake. The powdered green tea used here is called matcha, the powdered kind used in Japanese tea ceremonies.
Japanese Green Tea Petits Fours
- 2 eggs 3 egg yolks 6 tablespoons white sugar 1/3 cup cake flour 2 tablespoons cornstarch 1 tablespoon powdered green tea 2 egg whites 1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar 2 tablespoons white sugar 1 cup heavy cream 2 teaspoons powdered green tea 4 teaspoons superfine sugar 6 tablespoons almond paste 1 teaspoon powdered green tea confectioners' sugar for dusting
1 Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C). Grease an 11x7 inch pan. Line bottom with parchment paper and grease and flour paper. Sift together the flour, cornstarch and 1 tablespoon green tea. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl, beat eggs, yolks and 6 tablespoons sugar until tripled in volume, about 5 minutes. Fold flour mixture into whipped eggs. In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until foamy. Add 2 tablespoons sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Fold 1/3 of the whites into the batter, then quickly fold in remaining whites until no streaks remain. Spread batter into prepared pan.
3 Bake in the preheated oven for 20 to 30 minutes, or until center of cake springs back when lightly tapped. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar, then invert onto a flat surface. Let cool.
4 To make the Green Tea Whipped Cream: In a medium bowl, whisk the heavy cream with the 4 teaspoons superfine sugar and 2 teaspoons green tea until stiff peaks form.
5 To make the Decorative Green Tea Marzipan: Knead the almond paste with 1 teaspoon green tea. Roll out between 2 sheets of plastic wrap, or lightly dust with confectioners' sugar while rolling.
6 When cool, remove parchment paper from bottom of cake. Cut cake horizontally down the middle to make two layers. Spread bottom layer with 1/2 of the whipped cream, then cover with top layer of cake and spread top with remaining whipped cream. Cut assembled cake into 12 pieces using a knife or decorative cutters. Roll out the marzipan and cut into 12 pieces to match the shapes of the cakes. Place the decorative marzipan pieces on top of cakes.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
- › Fudge Filling 22 minutes ago
- › Cupcake Stands 41 minutes ago
- › Is cake from 'scratch' cheaper than a box? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › Why do I keep getting air bubbles under fondant?? 1 hour, 18 minutes ago
- › Best way to stencil letters onto fondant without it running??? 1 hour, 23 minutes ago
- › Sculpted sneakers pricing 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › Black Lace on wedding cake - HELP ASAP!!!! 1 hour, 47 minutes ago
- › Hiding Bumpy fondant....HELP!!! Please 1 hour, 51 minutes ago
- › New updates to CC servers! 1 hour, 54 minutes ago
- › can I paint ready rolled icing 1 hour, 58 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking