Edited on 10/26/12
- Rolled Vanilla FondantEdited on 10/25/12
- Rolled ButtercreamEdited on 10/25/12
- Molding Chocolate Clay
Alphabetical Article List
great tasting less mess marshmallow fondant
Posted by Krista512this is a almost mess free, easy way to make fantastic tasting home made marshmallow fondant. i have had tons of great reviews on this fondant.
im sure you could flavor with other flavorings but im just not sure how much you would need. this brand is the only flavoring i use for buttered vanilla.
Amount Ingredient 16 oz mini marshmallows 2 lb sifted confectioners sugar 3 TBSP water 1 TBSP magic line brand buttered vanilla flavoring
grease EVERYTHING that will touch the marshmallows,
grease a glass bowl, put marshmallows water and flavoring in it. microwave for 1 minute stir and microwave 30 seconds if not melted repeat every 30 seconds. be sure to grease your spoon too. i use a metal spoon.
then grease another glass mixing bowl. put it in the kitchen sink so splattered sugar can just be washed down the drain. put half the powdered sugar in it. and make a bowl out of the powdered sugar in the bowl.
pour the marshmallow mix into the bowl. stir with spoon until most of the marshmallow and sugar are mixed. pour 1/4 of the remaining powdered sugar in and continue stiring
at this point its getting stiff so i start using my hands. be sure to grease your hands very well.
i pour the remaining powdered sugar and work it in.
the fondant is done when it is no longer sticky when you pull at it while your working with it.
wrap in cling wrap and let sit for an hour atleast.
work it one more time before you start rolling it to make sure there are no powdered sugar clumps.
the flavoring is the secret to this. i have had rave reviews on my fondant
- Rolled Vanilla Fondant
Currently, there are 975 Active Users (32 Members and 943 Guests)
- › Guitar cake 17 seconds ago
- › Newbie in Uk, help please 46 seconds ago
- › things NOT to ask/say to a baker! 2 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/17/13 25 minutes ago
- › Graduation cap! 37 minutes ago
- › Tazas de syrup por bizcocho 44 minutes ago
- › wedding cake batter 52 minutes ago
- › Grad Cake help 55 minutes ago
- › Hello, :) New here with a question 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › 6 tier wedding cake 2 hours ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net
- › Marzipan (This is the recipe that i'm... by Ella1950