Posted by pinkboxIt can be used when needing a glassy like appearance on fondant. (ie a windshield like on this car It dries to a shine. I have doulbed, tripled with no problem.
- 1 tsp gelatin 3 tsp water (out of tap) 1 tsp liquid glucose ( I used corn syrup)
- Sprinkle gelaitn in the water. Let stand until it becomes spongy.
- Dissolve until clear over hot, not boiling water.
- Add liquid glucose/corn syrup and stir until ingredients are well combined.
- Pour into an airtight container. The mixture will become hard/stiff.
- To use it, heat the varnish in a container of hot, not boiling water.
- Paint onto item to be vanished while mixture is still hot.
- DO NOT KEEP IN REFRIGERATOR.