Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Cupcakes
Edited on 10/24/12
- Basic chocolate CakeEdited on 10/24/12
- Paleo Chocolate CakeEdited on 7/25/12
- Chocolate strawberry cake
- topicChocolate Cakes
Alphabetical Article List
Posted by PreTeaGirlsI got this recipe from another website and made a few adjustments. I was very pleased with the results. The cake was moist and had a nice soft crumble to it.
Amount Ingredient 3 Eggs 1 1/2 cups Sugar 6 tbls. Butter, softened 1 1/2 cups Vegetable oil 3/4 cups Cocoa powder 3/4 Cups Soured milk 1 1/2 tsp. Vanilla extract 3 1/3 cups Flour 2 1/4 tsp. Baking powder 2 1/4 tsp. Baking soda 1/4 tsp. Salt 1 1/2 cups Boiling coffee 1 1/2 cups Chocolate chips
Directions:Preheat oven to 350. Grease and flour three 9" round baking pans.
1. Add first seven ingredients into a mixing bowl, mixing well in between each ingredient.
2. Sift flour, baking powder and soda, and salt and add to mixing bowl.
3. Fold the boiling coffee into the ingredients in the mixing bowl.
4. Mix well.
5. Pour batter equally into each of the pans.
6. Add 1/2 cup chocolate chips into each pan.
7. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
8. Let cakes cool for 10 minutes on a rack, then remove from pans.
9. When completely cool, ice with Chocolate Motherlode Frosting (Chocolate Motherlode Frosting).
10. Coat with nuts if desired.
Chocolate Motherloadom Frosting:
1 lb fine-quality semisweet chocolate
1 cup heavy cream
2 tbls sugar
2 tbls light corn syrup
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1. Finely chop chocolate.
2. In a 1 1/2- to 2-quart saucepan bring cream, sugar, and corn syrup to a boil over moderately low heat, whisking until sugar is dissolved.
3. Remove pan from heat and add chocolate, whisking until chocolate is melted.
4. Cut butter into pieces and add to frosting, whisking until smooth.
5. Transfer frosting to a bowl and cool, stirring occasionally, until spreadable (depending on chocolate used, it may be necessary to chill frosting to spreadable consistency).
6. Spread frosting between cake layers and over top and sides.
- Basic chocolate Cake
Currently, there are 1047 Active Users (33 Members and 1014 Guests)
- › Do you give out your cake recipes? 20 seconds ago
- › How much to charge? 1 minute ago
- › Need Modiified Hershey Perfectly Chocolate Cake Recipe 1 minute ago
- › Wedding cake as a gift- etiquette... 3 minutes ago
- › simple syrups 5 minutes ago
- › Need help finding a specific impression mat 7 minutes ago
- › Cake Boss 15 minutes ago
- › what to charge for this cake? 19 minutes ago
- › Target Wedding Dress? 22 minutes ago
- › What tool do you wish you had never bought? 23 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking
- › How To Make Royal Icing (that won't dry... by sugarkissed_net