Posted by dmarvelI saw mentions of an eggless chocolate chip cookie frosting, but no recipe here on CC. I found this one online and it is fantastic! My family simply loved it. I put it on brown sugar cupcakes (also from hellobaker.net) and they were to die for.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Icing/Filling
- FROSTING BASE: 1-3/4 cups confectioners sugar 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled 1/8 teaspoon salt 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon milk Eggless cookie dough (recipe below) EGGLESS COOKIE DOUGH: 1/4 cup butter, softened 1/4 cup brown sugar, plus 2 tablespoons 2 teaspoons water 1/2 teaspoon vanilla 1/2 cup flour 1/4 teaspoon salt 1/3 cup mini chocolate chips (optional)
- MAKE EGGLESS COOKIE DOUGH:
- Cream the butter and brown sugar in a small bowl. Add water and vanilla and mix well. Add flour and salt and stir to combine. Stir in mini chocolate chips (optional). Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
- MAKE FROSTING:
- (1) In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine 1-1/4 cups confectioners? sugar, unsalted butter, salt, and vanilla, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula as necessary.
- (2) Add milk and continue mixing until well combined, scraping down the sides of the bowl with a spatula, as necessary. With the mixer running, slowly add remaining 1/2 cup confectioners sugar, mix until well combined.
- (3) Add eggless cookie dough to mixture