Basbousa Cake(samolina cake)
Edited on 6/13/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Strawberry Butter Cream FillingEdited on 5/19/08
- Semolina Turmeric Cake (Sfoof)
- topicMiddle Eastern
Alphabetical Article List
Chocoberry cake filling
Posted by sweetpartyI won a National prize in my country with a chocolate cake with this filling. It´s a great way to surprise people with new flavors. I hope you all enjoy it!!
Chocoberry cake filling
- The recipe is very simple, the ingredients are: 1 can (400gms) of La lechera condensed milk 4 squares of dark chocolate the kind that is use to make hot chocolate(no sugar on it) 1 pound of blackberries 1/2 pound of sugar.
- You put the can of condensed mil(without opening) on a pressure cooker covered with water and 1 tbsp of vinegar(to prevent stains on the cooker). When the pressure cooker starts to whistle, you let it there on medium heat for half an hour. Then you take the can out and let it cool before opening it. What you get here is a very good dulce de leche or Arequipe (how is call in my country Colombia).
- On a pot under low heat on the stove you melt the four squares of chocolate, carefully mixing to avoid burning. When is melted add the cooked condensed milk and mix vigorously to avoid lumps.
- Now you have the chocolate part, that you may also use to cover the cake.
- In advance put the blackberries with the sugar on low heat, until it becomes like a jam.
- you just have to put part of the chocolate and the blackberries between the cake layers. What you can also do if you have several layers is mix them, one just with the chocolate, other with the blackberries and so on.
- I can guarantee this is a taste from heaven.
- I hope you like it and enjoy it, if you need some other explanation feel free to pm me.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 568 Active Users (10 Members and 558 Guests)
- › Pineapple with Headphones! How??? 19 minutes ago
- › soy and dairy free frosting for a smash cake?? 25 minutes ago
- › tiara and shoe on pillow cake 28 minutes ago
- › Best Wedding Cake 53 minutes ago
- › How are these rosettes made? 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Bedtime stories! 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Friday Night Cake Club for 5/24/13 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › frosting to last in the heat!? 1 hour, 42 minutes ago
- › onion domes. 2 hours, 4 minutes ago
- › Candy melt transfers?? 3 hours, 13 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking