Posted by CakemanOHThis is a very good stable and tempature proven icing. It crusts very well, makes great flowers and decorations, colors very well and tastes great. It is a true bakery grade buttercream icing. I recommend using the exact ingredients for best results. The ingredients are all commercial bakery grade and provide wonderful results.
Brite White Buttercream Icing
- 7 cups 6x powdered sugar (very important to use 6x) 1 cup Hi Ratio Shortening 1/2 cup water 2 TBS. Icing Base (Sometimes called Brite White) 1/2 tea. popcorn salt 1 to 2 tea. Magic Line Creme Bouquet 2 drops Vinegar ( stops cracking of icing)
- 1. Place the Hi Ratio, Icing Base, Water, Flavoring and Vinegar in the bottom of your mixer bowl.
- 2. Pour the dry ingredients on top of the wet ingredients starting with the Powdered Sugar.
- 3. Add your paddle attachment to your mixer and on the slowest speed mix the ingredients for 2 minutes.
- 4. Scrape the sides if needed.
- 5. Turn mixer up 1 notch from the lowest setting and mix for 3 to 5 minutes more.
- *This icing is shelf stable for 6 months.
- *If you store this icing, before use just mix on low speed to fluff back up to original consistency.
- *If storing for a longer period add the vinegar at time of use.
- *You can add any flavoring you like to this icing.
- *To make a cream cheese icing add softened and whipped cream cheese plus 1/4 cup powdered sugar directly to the icing. You can add 1 stick of butter or magarine to this with 1/4 cup powdered sugar as well.