Edited on 2/24/11
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Key LimeEdited on 2/13/09
- Quick King Cake
- topicCajun And Creole
Alphabetical Article List
BEIGNETS - (BEEN - YA)
Posted by feelslikesilkBeing Creole in the north you rarely have a chance to go and buy Beithis at the Coffe Shops downtown, therefore you must rely on family recipes as I do. This delicate fried dough recipe originates from France and ended up in Baton Rouge, LA. I hope you enjoy!
Amount Ingredient 2 Well Beaten Eggs 1/2 Cup Fine White Sugar 1/2 Cup Boiling Water 1/8 Cup Shortening / Lard - Crisco will work 1 Envelope Active Dry Yeast 1/2 Cup Evaporated Milk 3.5 to 4 Cups Sifted Flour 1/2 Teaspoon Salt 1 Cup Confectioners Sugar/Powder Sugar 1/4 cup Lukewarm Water Dash Cinnamon 2 Teaspoons Heavy Cream Frying Oil Thick paper towels
Directions:Mix in a Extra large bowl - Pour the boiling water over shortening/Lard, sugar and salt.
Add the Heavy Cream, Cinnamon,and milk
Place the bowl on the side until it becomes Lukewarm..
Dissolve the yeast in the warm water
When ready add the above items with the beaten eggs, gently add the flour until it make a nice and soft dough.
Once the dough is formed, place in a well greased bowl, and chill until ready to use. (It is best to chill for at least 30 minutes before frying)
Flour your surface and roll the dough 1/8 of an inch works best.
Cut into 1 or 2 inch squares, then place into frying oil. they fry quick so keep an eye out for them.
They will puff up when cooking, cook until very light brown on each side. Place on a thick papertowel and dust with Powder Sugar Serve HOT, Some people like them with Honey.
Our family dust the plate with confectioners Sugar (Powder Sugar) first the place the Beignets on top and dust again.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 998 Active Users (28 Members and 970 Guests)
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 44 seconds ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 13 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 14 minutes ago
- › Louisiana Cottage Food Law--LA Home Bakers please read 23 minutes ago
- › SPS materials locating panic attack 30 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 41 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 54 minutes ago
- › Regular Butter vs Sweet Cream Butter 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking