Posted by JessicaLCThis has been my mom's version of apple pie since I was a kid...so good! The orange juice is the key for a moist pie. Enjoy!
- 4 cups peeled and sliced tart apples (I use green apples) 1/2 cup orange juice 1 cup sugar 3/4 cup all-purpose flour 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg dash salt 1/2 cup butter
- Preheat oven to 375F
- Place apples in a greased 9-inch pie plate. Pour orange juice over apples.
- Combine sugar, flour, spices, and dash salt. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly; sprinkle over apples.
- Bake at 375F for 45 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is crisp.
- Best served with vanilla ice cream! It has fruit...must be somewhat healthy right?!?