Related Forum Threads
- What kind of chocolate (semisweet, etc) to be used in baking? Last post on 3/11/13 at 8:27am in Recipes
- Michaels cupcake baking wrapper Bad smell Last post on 1/12/13 at 5:19am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcakes vs Tiered cake: Which do you prefer to make? Last post on 12/3/12 at 2:22pm in Cake Decorating
- Sentimental...Maple Bacon Cupcake...Help! Last post on 1/7/13 at 7:53am in Cupcakes!
- Cupcake problems Last post on 12/2/12 at 11:59pm in Cupcakes!
Strawberry Butter Cream Filling
Edited on 5/19/08
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/FillingEdited on 11/15/10
- Cake in a MugEdited on 4/26/04
- Cake in a Jar
Alphabetical Article List
Super Enhanced Cake Formula
Posted by Anonymous
Makes a rich, moist, absolutely delicious cake that has a 'crumb' similar to a pound cake, ideal for decorating and stacking/tiering. You will get so many compliments, and disbelief that you use any cake mix at all!
Super Enhanced Cake Formula
- 1 Cake Mix Box (Duncan Heines®, Betty Crocker®, Pillsbury® etc.) 1 cup All purpose flour 1 cup white granulated sugar 1 generous dash of salt 3 large eggs 1/3 cup water 1/4 Heavy Cream 1 cup Sour Cream (8 oz.) 1 cup melted butter 1 Tablespoon of Vanilla If making a white cake, use clear vanilla so cake will not discolor ** If making a chocolate cake: 3 Mounded tablespoons of cocoa powder
- For this recipe you are only going to use the actual cake mix powder, do NOT also add the ingredients from directions on the cake mix box. Just ignore any other ingredients or directions listed on the cake mix packaging.
- Preheat Oven to 330°
- 1. Mix flour, sugar, cake mix, **cocoa powder, and salt together with fork, set aside.
- 2. Into Mixer bowl put eggs, water, sour cream, butter, vanilla, and cream.
- 3. Add dry ingredients and mix well on (about 2 minutes on low speed).
- 4. Bake at 330° for 65 minutes for 9 in. cake pan.
- Blackberry Butter Cream Icing/Filling
Currently, there are 998 Active Users (28 Members and 970 Guests)
- › HOW LONG DOES THE BUTTERCREAM ICING FROM SAMS STAY FRESH? 44 seconds ago
- › Price the Cupcakes! 13 minutes ago
- › White chocolate peanut butter cake 14 minutes ago
- › Louisiana Cottage Food Law--LA Home Bakers please read 23 minutes ago
- › SPS materials locating panic attack 30 minutes ago
- › Creativity drought 41 minutes ago
- › Which type of buttercream stays better? 54 minutes ago
- › Regular Butter vs Sweet Cream Butter 1 hour, 1 minute ago
- › Less sweet alternative to white ganache 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › Help with this cake 1 hour, 20 minutes ago
- › Wilton Flower Former Set by MsNeuropil
- › Wilton White Candy Melts, 12-Ounce by MsNeuropil
- › Cupcake Wrapper Creator by maritzausa
- › Wilton Fondant and Gum Paste Silicone Mold, Kids Party by crazygrammie
- › Kitchen Aid Brand Professional 610 Stand Mixer by GaMa Marge
- › Wilton Diamonds Texture Press by lisamartin205
- › Oster Inspire 2529 6-Speed Hand Mixer with Storage Case by Buzzardbait1950
- › Wilton Towering Tiers Cake Stand by kovacstracey
- › Jonas Baker's Mate Collapsible Cooling Rack by Servelan
- › Wilton Decorate Smart Ultimate Trim-N-Turn Cake Caddy by Aunt Tillty
- › Patriotic eagle cake by Montrealconfections
- › HOW TO MAKE A CROWN USING A WILTON BAROQUE MOLD by al-tomczak
- › Best White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting by Sarahoza
- › Edible stamens for cupcake flowers by sweettooth101
- › Yoda Star Wars Cookies by sugarkissed_net
- › Easy Papaya Cutout Flowers by marya92
- › Stained Glass Effect Cake Tutorial by Tashastasytreats
- › Deb Miller's Vanilla Marshmallow Fondant by debm1
- › How to bake a Curly Cookie by mamakaat
- › Lightning McQueen Cars Cake Topper Tutorial by Leascooking