Thank You, Blakescakes!!!

Decorating By jgifford Updated 14 Aug 2012 , 10:49pm by BlakesCakes

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 13 Aug 2012 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 2

My DH and I just traveled 1400 miles with 2 frozen cakes - one fondant-covered wedding cake and one bc graduation cake. I froze them according to BlakesCakes' freezing tips and it worked beautifully! They were boxed and double wrapped in plastic wrap and then in foil. They rode in the trunk in an ice chest on top of dry ice.The wedding was yesterday and the cake was perfect.

We left Friday afternoon, stopping only for gas and arrived Saturday around noon. I took the wedding cake out and set it on the counter. Then yesterday morning I unwrapped it and took it out of the box to add the decorations. It was still moist and perfect and tasted great!

Graduation is Thursday. I'll put the cake in the fridge on Wednesday and unwrap and finish decorating Thursday morning. I'm expecting the same wonderful results.

Thank you so much for sharing your expertise! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

1 reply
BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 14 Aug 2012 , 10:49pm
post #2 of 2

Oh, that's great news!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

I will now refer all questions about "Mobile Cake Freezing Directions" to YOU icon_wink.gif

Have a wonderful trip & safe drive home. I hope all of the recipients were sufficiently impressed with your extra-mile efforts to make their days so special.

Rae

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%