For The New Cake Central Layout...

Decorating By vgcea Updated 19 Jul 2012 , 3:24pm by Bluehue

vgcea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vgcea Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 6:47am
post #1 of 20

Can we PLEASE do something about the 1,000,000 stickies we have at the top of the Cake Decorating forum? I've never seen (or scrolled through) so many stickies on any forum in my life. It gets in the way of enjoying THE most popular forum on the whole site. Maybe we need a sticky thread to house all the stickies.

Just thought I'd throw this out there while you guys are still testing out the new format and all.

19 replies
Bluehue Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bluehue Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 9:11am
post #2 of 20

Are you talking about all the crap that overlaps the side of the actual newest forum posts page?
Drives me insane - Thumping great big ads that have no relevance to what i am trying to read - icon_rolleyes.gifthumbsdown.gif

Bluehue

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 17 Jul 2012 , 2:38pm
post #3 of 20

Stickies are threads that always appear at the top of a forum and are supposed to relay important information or act as a guide to new users. The Cake Decorating forum currently has 28 of them, which I agree is a little ridiculous.

One way of avoiding this is by using the "newest posts" view, which simply shows all new threads regardless of forum:
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=search&search_id=newposts

jgifford Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jgifford Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 2:12am
post #4 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluehue

Are you talking about all the crap that overlaps the side of the actual newest forum posts page?
Drives me insane - Thumping great big ads that have no relevance to what i am trying to read - icon_rolleyes.gifthumbsdown.gif

Bluehue

You mean you have no interest in the 2012 Texas Edition Silverado pickup? icon_eek.gif Say it isn't so!

Bluehue Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 6:40am
post #5 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgifford

Quote:

Bluehue

You mean you have no interest in the 2012 Texas Edition Silverado pickup? icon_eek.gif Say it isn't so!

Lollll - living in Perth - Western Australia i must confess that no, i really don't have an interest... shock horror.
Honestly - its the size of the adverts that annoy me - heaven knows why they have to take up half a page Blue shakes her Head.

So - sorry to disapoint you - but nope - the adverts don't interest me -

Bluehue icon_smile.gif

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 4:49pm
post #6 of 20

I have become accustomed to the ads and pretty much am able to ignore them. It is the occasional thread that fills the page instead of crowding to the left side that bothers me. In those instances, the ads block the whole right side of the narrative. And no, although I live out in the country, I am not interested in a new 2012, Texas Edition Silverado pickup! I don't know why it only happens once in awhile. I have seen posts that suggest ways to block the ads, but am not computer savvy enough to attempt it. So I just end up grumbling a little and move on.

Jan

jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 4:53pm
post #7 of 20

If you do a google search for "adblock" you can find add-ons for the Firefox and Chrome web browsers that can block ads. Normally I don't recommend this for web sites you want to support, but when the ads start covering up content all bets are off.

milkmaid42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milkmaid42 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 4:57pm
post #8 of 20

Thanks, Jason. I will go and check it out to see if it works for Safari, also.

LoveMeSomeCake615 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LoveMeSomeCake615 Posted 18 Jul 2012 , 5:42pm
post #9 of 20

ITA about the stickies!! Waaaay too many, isn't there any way to consolidate them or something? icon_confused.gif

vgcea Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 4:23am
post #10 of 20
Quote:

Quote:

Bluehue

LOL!!!!!! Oh lawd I'm choking! LOLOL! jgifford, that was a GOOD ONE!

Silverado? Pfft! Forget y'all. I've got the Mercedes Benz Summer Event taking up my right side. I'm fancy!

Bluehue Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 5:05am
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea

Quote:

Quote:

Bluehue

LOL!!!!!! Oh lawd I'm choking! LOLOL! jgifford, that was a GOOD ONE!

Silverado? Pfft! Forget y'all. I've got the Mercedes Benz Summer Event taking up my right side. I'm fancy!

Lucky you vgcea icon_wink.gif - i have got a huge Weight Watches taking up half the screen - lolllllllllll - i would have thought they would have a *slim* advert - haaa.
Bluehue

vgcea Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 20
Quote:

Lucky you vgcea icon_wink.gif - i have got a huge Weight Watches taking up half the screen - lolllllllllll - i would have thought they would have a *slim* advert - haaa.
Bluehue

icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif I love this thread!

Bluehue Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 1:47pm
post #13 of 20

Lolll - it helps when we can see and find the funny things to laugh at in life -

says she who is meant to be updating her site...
watermarking photos... making flowers.... and sending emails so as my friends stay my friends.

But, instead i am watching the Tour de France -
thumbs_up.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

Blue

jgifford Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 1:51pm
post #14 of 20
Quote:

Lolll - it helps when we can see and find the funny things to laugh at in life -

watermarking photos... making flowers.... and sending emails so as my friends stay my friends.

Blue

We all need a silly minute or two a day. And I'm supposed to be ordering equipment, requesting bonuses, hiring drivers, etc. thumbs_up.gif

jgifford Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 1:53pm
post #15 of 20

I think we ran Jason off. I don't think he has enough silly moments.

Bakingangel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakingangel Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 2:07pm
post #16 of 20

I use to have the ads all over the place. You need to do the adblock process Jason mentioned. Funny, wonder if there is a "sticky" about how to do this?

vgcea Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 2:40pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bakingangel

I use to have the ads all over the place. You need to do the adblock process Jason mentioned. Funny, wonder if there is a "sticky" about how to do this?

On Cake Central? It's only a matter of time.

Says she who should be getting ready to head to the Dentist's but has spent the morning lollygagging all over the internet.

Bluehue Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 2:43pm
post #18 of 20
Quote:

Quote:

Blue

We all need a silly minute or two a day. And I'm supposed to be ordering equipment, requesting bonuses, hiring drivers, etc. thumbs_up.gif

Oh struth - that reminds me - i am meant to ordering chocolates - irkkk -thanks for reminding me. icon_rolleyes.gificon_redface.gif

jgifford ... surely not - everybody has silly moments

Bakingangel - lolll

vgcea Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 2:46pm
post #19 of 20
Quote:

I installed it right after my last post. Took less than a minute. Excellent! Now I'm really going to get off this computer!

Bluehue Posted 19 Jul 2012 , 3:24pm
post #20 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by vgcea

Quote:

I installed it right after my last post. Took less than a minute. Excellent! Now I'm really going to get off this computer!

you will be back - lollll
Blue

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%