Has Anyone Tried An Airbrush From Dinkydoodle Designs?

Decorating By mbranko24 Updated 26 Apr 2016 , 12:10pm by elsavelazquez

mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 29 Jun 2012 , 11:03pm
post #1 of 16

This is a UK company and the woman (Dawn Butler) sells her own airbrush systems, as well as DVD's and other tools. Here is her FB page:

https://www.facebook.com/DinkydoodleDesigns

I was wondering if anyone had ever used her product or knew anything about it.

Thanks so much!

Erin

15 replies
mbranko24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbranko24 Posted 1 Jul 2012 , 1:12pm
post #2 of 16

Bump

jtscakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jtscakery Posted 16 Jul 2012 , 12:12am
post #3 of 16

Erin,
You can buy the same one on Ebay.com. I just bought it from there and it works perfect and I saved muchoo money.

dinky's airbrush is nice too but the cost is too high.

Littledink Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Littledink Posted 2 Oct 2012 , 3:09am
post #4 of 16

Hello!

I came across information on the Dinkydoodle on the net that lead me here. I read here that it is available on eBay, but it says in the UK only! Is the Dinkydoodle not available in the U.S.? That would be very disappointing if it's not! Please post more information for interesred U.S. customers!!

icon_smile.gif

Leisa78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leisa78 Posted 20 Dec 2012 , 5:13am
post #5 of 16

My husband just bought me one for an early Christmas present and I LOOOOVVVVEEEEE it!! I have never ever used an airbrush before and just make cakes mainly for my boys' birthdays. It was so easy to use and I was happy with the final result :)700

nancy6372 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nancy6372 Posted 21 Dec 2012 , 4:23am
post #6 of 16

I'm looking for an airbush myself so this is of interest to me but I have a question about almost every reply here!  

First of all, Dawn thanks so much for your input. 

jtscakery, Did you get the Dinkydoodle off ebay?  Did you get the Dinkydoodle for a lower price?  I would assume "used" if you did?  

Or was it another brand?  Can you please give us some specifics?  

Leisa78,

Did you get the Dinkydoodle airbrush?  Or was it another brand?

Debbie white Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debbie white Posted 13 Oct 2013 , 6:58pm
post #7 of 16

You can get Dinkydoodle airbrush from The Cake Decorating Company and there shipping rates are very good for international. The great thing about her airbrush colours is you can layer them, unlike other airbrush colours that mix together. For example if you have a blue sky and you airbrush a yellow sun the sun would go green, love the colours.

http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=527

Jody Cutler Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jody Cutler Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:36am
post #8 of 16

I purchased my DinkyDoodle Airbrush not long ago and I absolutely love it, the colours are beautiful and create a fantastic effect on my cakes.  I hadn't used an airbrush before but now I can't leave it alone.  I got mine from The Cake Decorating Company as the delivery is free for orders over £50.

http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php?cPath=527_528

810whitechoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
810whitechoc Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 10:32am
post #9 of 16

Have ordered a Dinkydoodle from Cakes Around Town (Australia) $189.00 for the set plus a deal on Americolour Airbrush colours $9.90 for a set, should be here by Friday, can't wait.

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 16 Oct 2013 , 3:15pm
post #10 of 16

Can I buy this airbrush in the US?  Thanks.

cake987 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake987 Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 1:24pm
post #11 of 16

Kathy i'm from the US and I purchase all my cake products from The Cake Decorating Company, they are the only company that ship to The US as far as i'm aware of. Hope this helps you x

http://www.thecakedecoratingcompany.co.uk/catalog/index.php

Kathy107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kathy107 Posted 28 Oct 2013 , 3:02pm
post #12 of 16

AThanks.

valcakedesigner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
valcakedesigner Posted 6 Mar 2014 , 6:08pm
post #13 of 16

Can I use the Dinkydoodle colours in any airbrush brandy? Thanks.

edenleah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
edenleah Posted 30 Mar 2014 , 10:17pm
post #14 of 16

AHi I've just ordered a dinky doodle air brush as the reviews are great, but I was wondering if you can use a different make of airbrush colour in the airbrush as the dinky doodle colours are mega expensive like I haven't paid enough for the machine alone? Thanks please get back to me ASAP thank you

shannycakers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shannycakers Posted 12 Jan 2015 , 6:45pm
post #15 of 16

trying to revive this thread? Who likes there dinkie doodle airbrush and why? compare it to regular duff brand or pegasus or kopykake please? My pegasus just bit the dust and I feed a replacement:)

elsavelazquez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
elsavelazquez Posted 26 Apr 2016 , 12:10pm
post #16 of 16

I would like to know which airbrush everyone has and why.  Which ones we should stay away from, if any. 

I'm buying one soon for Mother's Day. Having a hard time deciding which brand to buy - has to be one I can use any brand airbrush color with.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%