I Got A Cake Website!!!

Lounge By cake_architect Updated 6 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm by BillieH

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:07am
post #1 of 7

mind you its a "free website" so its not anything too original, but nevertheless its mine heehee! i'm in texas so i can't bake for money out of my house, so this website is more to just showcase my work until I can get a legal kitchen! I'm just so stinkin' happy I thought I'd share icon_biggrin.gif

www.thejoyofcake.shutterfly.com

i hope ya'll like it! icon_biggrin.gif

6 replies
cantoncakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cantoncakes Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:23am
post #2 of 7

Congratulations! Your site looks great and it showcases your cakes quite nicely!

cupcake_cutie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cupcake_cutie Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:28am
post #3 of 7

Congratulations! It's very nice!

BillieH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillieH Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:34am
post #4 of 7

That is very nice! I've toyed with the site before with family pictures and blogs, but never once thought to use it for cakes. Great way to showcase your work! Love the Mario cake btw!

cake_architect Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake_architect Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 1:39am
post #5 of 7

thank you all very much! also if anyone has any suggestions for it i'd appreciate those as well. other websites have prices, etc but since i can't sell i'm not sure what else mine should have!

reggiebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
reggiebakes Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 9:01am
post #6 of 7

manda_estrada are you following the Texas Baker's Bill? A facebook page is dedicated to it. www.facebook.com/pages/Texas-Bakers-Bill/292920830821
I'm in North Texas and have found the representatives in my area so I can go visit with "my" baked goodies to make sure they are aware of HB 3282 and lobbying for their support. I have been unemployed since May 2008 and could be making some money if we (Texas) had a cottage industry for home bakers as some other states. Even though the news is full of how the recession is on the path of recovery...I don't believe it or see it in my area. I decided that my job would be to work as hard as I could to bring attention to it and to get it passed. I hope you check it out!

BillieH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BillieH Posted 6 Jan 2011 , 4:15pm
post #7 of 7

Ok, I had to go make myself one! Looked too fun not to. I'm not finished yet but I've kinda got it set up to chart my progress through trial and error kinda a thing. A journal I guess. I see you can post videos and third party videos so I've put up the FBCT video. I might consider putting up more, but right now Im still toying with it and learning more about it. It's change some since I last used the site.

Thanks for the idea! It's fun and easy. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%