Petit For Pan

Baking By sugaah Updated 18 Nov 2010 , 8:27pm by brincess_b

sugaah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugaah Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 7:28pm
post #1 of 4

I have the pan that is sectioned off to bake mini cakes but it is a mess because the batter runs and the cakes stick to the little cylinders - a mess. I sprayed heavily with non-stick, should I line with foil? What is the trick in using this pan with individual, removable sections to create minicakes? Need a bunch for upcoming wedding favors. Thanks and keep up the good work

3 replies
leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 7:33pm
post #2 of 4

do you know the brand name of the pan your using? or a link to it somewhere on the web? That may help with some suggestions for your specific pan

SheylaCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SheylaCakes Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 4

in my experience if you need many petit fours is best to make a sheet cake and then cut them with a cookie cutter and assemble, you'll get many more done that way than with a pre sectioned pan but that's just what works for me... hope it helps!

brincess_b Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brincess_b Posted 18 Nov 2010 , 8:27pm
post #4 of 4

you can buy the liners specially shaped for making mini cakes. depends what country you are in, and what the pan in though?
but some people do prefer just baking one big cake and cutting it.

above info is for mini pans, inches a couple of cakes, if you mean petit fours, ive not seen liners, and think youd be better returning the pan, or making the large cake as well.
xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%