So Excited . . . The Mat Came Yesterday!!

Decorating By SweetSyren Updated 17 Nov 2010 , 3:04am by lyndim

SweetSyren Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSyren Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 10

I'm excited to try out the The Mat on a cake I am doing next week. icon_biggrin.gif Any suggestions or tips I should know about before or while using it? Thanks!!

9 replies
sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:35pm
post #2 of 10

Got mine inthe mail about a week ago. I used it to roll out MMF and it worked fine. I suggest watching the YouTube video that they posted on using The Mat.

Ivy383 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ivy383 Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:44pm
post #3 of 10

They have fast delivery. I used mine for the first time this weekend on my dora cake. I really liked it! I just put some crisco on one side of the mat. You only have to do that the first time you use it. icon_biggrin.gif

slsharratt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
slsharratt Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 9:52pm
post #4 of 10

i've used mine about 3 times since i got it last month. my only complaint was that i can't get it to line up evenly to re-roll it into the tube. i have the white resin wilton rolling pin and it would be FANTASTIC if i could roll the pin in the MAT and then put both into the shipping/storage tube, but it always ends up like a bad carpet roll.

other than that I LOVE IT!!!! you can leave fondant out all night sealed in the MAT and it is completely useable the next morning icon_redface.gif

sewsweet2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sewsweet2 Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:22am
post #5 of 10

I had that same problem too when I was rolling it up. I'm going to purchase some 2" pvc pipe and put caps on the end to store my mat in. I think I'll make it about 36" or long so I don't have to worry about rolling it back up perfect to fit in the cardboard tube they supply.

Balusekc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Balusekc Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:42am
post #6 of 10

I got mine this week too! I can't wait to use it which will either be Thursday or Friday.

zoraya Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoraya Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:44am
post #7 of 10

Ok, I've been under a rock for a while now. Whats "The Mat"? icon_biggrin.gif

lizdeba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lizdeba Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 1:50am
post #8 of 10

I just got mine a few days ago too! Can't wait to try it out. If you don't know what "The Mat" is.... check it out here: http://www.sweetwise.com/

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 2:49am
post #9 of 10

The one thing I noticed was I needed to make sure I kneaded my fondant real well with ps before rolling it with the mat. When I kneaded it with a bit of shortening, I noticed I had more little tiny holes in it. Also be careful when putting it on your cake. I squished the frosting on one side of my cake because of the weight of it all. =) So I just need to get more practice with it. =) But I'll tell you! I have so much less mess! I am so happy I got one!

lyndim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lyndim Posted 17 Nov 2010 , 3:04am
post #10 of 10

Just got mine! Yippee! How the little things in life make me so happy icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%