Your Favorite Blogs?

Baking By OneCreativeCookie Updated 7 Aug 2010 , 3:42pm by OneCreativeCookie

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:28am
post #1 of 13

When looking for inspiration (not to copy, just to see the possibilities and marvel at others' talents!), where to you go?

PS - Thanks for the book suggestion thread...I have several of those mentioned, but will look up the others tonight!

12 replies
thatslifeca Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thatslifeca Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:45am
post #2 of 13

I usually google what images I happen to feel like looking at that moment. Whether it be wedding cakes, birthday cakes etc. I also love to look at the galleries right here in CC. There are some very talented people here, and I love looking at everyone's creations. icon_lol.gif

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:29am
post #3 of 13

For inspiration I look at wrought iron patterns on buildings and subscribe to home decorating magazines to look at fabric patterns on rugs, chairs, etc. There are some cool images there.

frankdiabetes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
frankdiabetes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:41am
post #4 of 13

For baking and cooking (but not decorating), I love www.smittenkitchen.com. She has compiled some really great recipes and always has gorgeous photos to look at.

I do a lot of cookies, so I like to look at www.cookiecrazie.blogspot.com and sweetsugarbelle's flickr pages. Also cookieartisan and debbiedoescakes on flickr. Sweetopia has some really great tutorials, especially the Kopykake one.

luv2bake6 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luv2bake6 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 3:06am
post #5 of 13

I also love to look at the cookies here, not really for inspiration, just to be amazed by the incredible talent and creativity of many decorators here.

RubiPumps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RubiPumps Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 8:08pm
post #6 of 13

Clumbsy Cookie
Cookies and Cups
Cookie Crazie
Bake at 350

LOVE Cookie Crazie and she is always willing to help when someone has decorating issue. She posts the recipe she uses and tip and hints.

There is a group at Mixingbowl.com that is good and has a forum attached for questions.

The Sweet Adventures of Sugarbelle
Whimsy Cookie Co.

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:34pm
post #7 of 13

cakejournal.com

She does cakes, cookies and cupcakes, and is so helpful.

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 9:45pm
post #8 of 13
sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:58pm
post #9 of 13

I love browsing blogs for inspiration! There are so many talented decorators out there! Sorry, I am not sure how to post the link (cut+copy?) Here are some of my favs:

www.enjoycupcakes.com/blog
www.icingdesignsonline.blogspot.com-they just featured enjoy cupcakes!
www.love-a-cupcake.blogspot.com
www.holysweet.blogspot.com
www.poshpastries.blogspot.com
www.jessicakesblog.blogspot.com

also standards, but amazing, like:

www.cakejournal.com
www.bakerella.com

I have my own blog, www.swellcakes.blogspot.com, but can't find time to do any caking or updating with four kids and a full-time job across the state, many soccer games too. In my next life I will be able to cake : )

sweetiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiemama Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 1:59pm
post #10 of 13

Oops! Looks like they converted to links once I posted! Yeah!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 17 Jul 2010 , 2:04pm
post #11 of 13

Agreed, there are tons of blogs out there. Google is your friend! icon_lol.gif

ElissaB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElissaB Posted 1 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm
post #12 of 13

I absolutely love http://chiccookiekits.blogspot.com/ (The Decorated Cookie). Just bought her book as well! She's amazing!

OneCreativeCookie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OneCreativeCookie Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 3:42pm
post #13 of 13

Wow! Thanks! I haven't been on in a while (I've been too busy, which is a good thing, I think!) and these are some great sites...so many talented women out there...it's humbling icon_smile.gif Thanks everyone!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%