"fabulous Cakes" On Tlc!!!

Lounge By CWR41 Updated 30 Jul 2010 , 2:53pm by drakegore

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:51am
post #1 of 50

If you've heard about the new show "Fabulous Cakes" that will air on TLC, they're showcasing bakeries in different cities across the country in each episode. The first episodeLas Vegas, will feature three top bakeries. I was dying to find out which three, so here's what I found in an article:

http://press.discovery.com/us/tlc/programs/fabulous-cakes/#

I'll be waiting patiently for it to air... should be a great episode and I hope it's a great new and interesting show!

49 replies
Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:28am
post #2 of 50

It says, "Four-part special premieres June 4 at 10 PM ET/PT". Did anyone see any episodes?

Jenn2179 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn2179 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:43am
post #3 of 50

Awesome, put it on my DVR.

CWR41 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 3:56am
post #4 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

It says, "Four-part special premieres June 4 at 10 PM ET/PT". Did anyone see any episodes?

My DVR says "Three bakeries in Las Vegas. New. Series Premiere, episode: 1, Original Air Date: 07-19-10".

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 4:02am
post #5 of 50

Even better! I'll set my DVR as well, thanks!

There is also a new cupcake program on this weekend, two episodes Friday I think on TLC also (?), DC Cupcakes, I think it's called. 10 p.m. EST

CWR41 Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 4:28am
post #6 of 50
Quote:

There is also a new cupcake program on this weekend, two episodes Friday I think on TLC also (?), DC Cupcakes, I think it's called. 10 p.m. EST

I'm not so much "into" cupcakes, but already set the DVR for it as well! (I also watch Cupcake Wars, so I'm guilty of wanting to eat 'em anyway!)

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 12 Jul 2010 , 1:06pm
post #7 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Quote:

My DVR says "Three bakeries in Las Vegas. New. Series Premiere, episode: 1, Original Air Date: 07-19-10".

I'm going to check my DVR, but is it on July 19?
Our cable channel just upgraded their directory. I think I can now search for the show. But I wanted to get at least a date if I could.
Thanks.

tracycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracycakes Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:40am
post #8 of 50

Hubby is setting it up to record right now. Thanks for sharing this!

quilting2011 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
quilting2011 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 12:51am
post #9 of 50

one of my favorite cake blogs

www.mysweetandsaucy.co

the chef stated she will be on the show. Check her website for time and details.

ChRiStY_71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ChRiStY_71 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 2:46am
post #10 of 50

My hubby is getting a little tired of the cake shows! I wish they would come up with one with a CSI twist so that he would be interested too...LOL! icon_lol.gif

quilting2011 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 5:20pm
post #11 of 50

There is so many cake shows. Has anyone seen the Bakery bunch?

CWR41 Posted 13 Jul 2010 , 7:51pm
post #12 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakecakes2010

There is so many cake shows. Has anyone seen the Bakery bunch?

Yup! Plus two threads about it so far:
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-687791.html
http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-687934.html

CWR41 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:48am
post #13 of 50

I enjoyed most of it. As always, I like Vincent Pilon's chocolate talents, and was impressed with Freed's cake for Terry Fator.

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 11:54am
post #14 of 50

I liked it. I really liked that they put the prices of the cakes! icon_biggrin.gif I wish they would do that on some of the other shows, like Cake Boss, or Ace of Cakes.

Elcee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Elcee Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 12:55pm
post #15 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karen421

I liked it. I really liked that they put the prices of the cakes! icon_biggrin.gif I wish they would do that on some of the other shows, like , or Ace of Cakes.

I liked it for the most part, too. It combines the the things I like MOST about Ace of Cakes and Cake Boss into one show. The featured decorators were TALENTED and it showcased the decorating and techniques and left out the fake drama. I like that the prices were shown, too. I'll definitely keep watching.

quilting2011 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:03pm
post #16 of 50

I watched FC show about 3 bakeries in LV. When I visit cake camp next year I have to visit the cakes they featured on the show. FC is worth watching.

I Saw DC C*pc*akes. After the dog went inside the van with the cupcakes. I was worried about fleas and dirt in the van.

Also, they had the dog coming to their cooking kitchen deciding which dog cupcakes recipe to bake. It was gross!

Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:08pm
post #17 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakecakes2010

Yes, the show is worth watching. More informative and educational too.

I Saw DC C*pc*akes. After the dog went inside the van with the cupcakes. I was worried if their were fleas in the van.

Also, they had the dog coming to their cooking kitchen deciding which dog cupcakes recipe to bake.

I saw that too, at least it was their test kitchen!

CWR41 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:42pm
post #18 of 50

It seems the producers may have lurked here to find out what is liked or disliked! (couldn't believe it when the prices were actually listed.) Could it be that they got it right? (a show without drama that everyone likes!)

Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 2:57pm
post #19 of 50
Quote:

It seems the producers may have lurked here to find out what is liked or disliked! (couldn't believe it when the prices were actually listed.) Could it be that they got it right? (a show without drama that everyone likes!)

Well - that would have been really smart of them!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:41pm
post #20 of 50

I liked it for the most part..The chocolate work by that french chef was amazing..I was less than thrilled to see his assistant screw up on the bottom tier of the carved topsy turvy cake only to mash the cake ontop to hide the error..The chef came by and questioned her whether it would hold and be sturdy enough and she said yes...but I mean really...Do you want to cut into a cake to see it all mashed....I thought for an assistant she should have known better...I liked the techniqes shown by all decoraters...no drama but pretty good!

Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 3:51pm
post #21 of 50

I watched the show last night and overall I really liked it. No drama, interesting designs, and they listed the prices! The general public needs to learn that they can't get the elaborate cakes for $50. This is one show I'll try to catch more often.

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:15pm
post #22 of 50

I really liked the show too! It was educational and lacked all the drama of the other shows. The Freed's cake was unbelievable! I'm glad that it showed the prices of the cakes and how long it took to complete them.
I didn't like the idea of putting cake crumbs on a tier to even it out either! I couldn't believe it the 1st time I saw someone doing this (I think it was Cake Diva's). I wouldn't appreciate getting a piece of cake that looked like it had already been chewed.

Karen421 Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 5:37pm
post #23 of 50

I thought that was a little tacky also, but it was nice to know that even they make mistakes sometimes. I would have probably baked another layer and fixed it that way, but I don't think she had time. I did notice she used the SPS to stack the wedding cake.

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:16pm
post #24 of 50
Quote:

i loved the show and i thought exactly what CWR41 wrote!
the only thing that gave me the willies was the cake being mushed on top on the topsy turvy bottom layer...yuck.

the ego on the ventriloquest was kinda large and had me shaking my head....he asks for a big figure of himself on his BROTHER'S cake and the figure of the brother is small. however that has nothing to do with anything, lol.

i loved the show and cannot wait for the next one!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 6:35pm
post #25 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

Quote:

i loved the show and i thought exactly what CWR41 wrote!
the only thing that gave me the willies was the cake being mushed on top on the topsy turvy bottom layer...yuck.

the ego on the ventriloquest was kinda large and had me shaking my head....he asks for a big figure of himself on his BROTHER'S cake and the figure of the brother is small. however that has nothing to do with anything, lol.

i loved the show and cannot wait for the next one!

I loved the show too. Actually he did explain that. His brother is his big brother and now he works for him. So he did that to show the irony of the little brother being the boss of the big one.

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:03pm
post #26 of 50

I will be watching again. I liked that they showed and mentioned how they did some of the techniques. I think it's great that they showed the price of the cakes. I don't know many bakeries that would, or could, take on most of those projects on such short notice. But, like they said, it was Vegas!

If I heard them right, I think the next show is about bakeries in Philadelphia. Can't wait!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 7:09pm
post #27 of 50
Quote:

I loved the show too. Actually he did explain that. His brother is his big brother and now he works for him. So he did that to show the irony of the little brother being the boss of the big one.

yeah, i heard his explanation, but still, sheesh, lol. it's his birthday but it's still about him icon_smile.gif. obviously i have no big problems of my own today if i am picking on this fellow, lol.

it's a great show!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 8:02pm
post #28 of 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by drakegore

Quote:

yeah, i heard his explanation, but still, sheesh, lol. it's his birthday but it's still about him icon_smile.gif. obviously i have no big problems of my own today if i am picking on this fellow, lol.

it's a great show!

You are right about him LOL, but heck I still can't get over that he paid 15,000 for a birthday cake. icon_surprised.gif

lecrn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lecrn Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:26pm
post #29 of 50

You are right about him LOL, but heck I still can't get over that he paid 15,000 for a birthday cake. icon_surprised.gif[/quote

I wonder sometimes if the network pays for the cake (or @ least part of it)? I'm sure that he makes a lot of money, but $15,000 is a lot to pay for your brother's bday cake.

SwtCanuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SwtCanuck Posted 20 Jul 2010 , 9:44pm
post #30 of 50

I thought it was great too! More cake shows need to let people know how much cakes really do cost!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%