Bought 4 Cc Pans Not Happy With Any-A Bit Too Small

Baking By JustToEatCake Updated 8 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm by Cathy26

JustToEatCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JustToEatCake Posted 6 Nov 2009 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 20

If you recently read my "sorta scientific CC experiment" and could understand it, bottom line was the CC's I liked the best were a little bigger baked in a non stick pan I had. (The CC liners fit all the way down in the pan and I perfer that to sticking out the top). But it would only bake 6 at a time so I went on a mission.

I went drove 50 miles to a outlet place, I went to every store I could think of, Michaels, Walmart, JoAnns, ACmoore, BedBath, JCPenny, etc looking for "the pans". You see I found that the old non stick pan I have holds 4ozs (so the 3 oz ice cream scoop worked perfectly) and the other pans I had hold only 3.3 or 3.5. I took my trusty ruler and measured and measured and ended up buying 4 (2 from different stores but both Wilton).

Got them home and got out the trusty kitchen scale and WAHHHHH no deal. I couldn't get a half a cup of water in any of them (like I could the old non stick pan). So off to the computer I went and I found that a restaurant supply store called w.e.b.s.t.a.u.r.a.n.t.c.o.m carries a pan (they are called muffin pans) that holds 4.1 ozs! EUREKA!! I have ordered 2 and they are on there way! I just wanted to let everyone know in case there is anyone like me who just wanted a little bigger CC than what is being offered. I'll post when I get them and try them out. They were less than 9.00 per pan (cooks 12, they had 24's too).

19 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:33am
post #2 of 20

Thanks for posting this info. Must go take a look, my cupcake pans have been waving their little white flag for a while now. LOL

JustToEatCake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 2:47am
post #3 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

Thanks for posting this info. Must go take a look, my cupcake pans have been waving their little white flag for a while now. LOL

Rosiecast, I think you'll like these pans if you like a cupcake that is just a tad bigger. You can see my post I made today using these pans and the chocolate cake mix recipe. I feel like I should order a few more just in case they stop making them, that's always my luck! They ship fast and I made a big order (my first) with them and I added cake dec supplies also. The Update international frosting bags (which I had never heard of but I don't know much) are actually pretty nice and inexpensive if you are in the market. They are fabric on the outside.

HTH

Bearkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bearkitty Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 3:59am
post #4 of 20

Are these like the "Jumbo" cupcakes? or would the normal cupcake liners fit in them... you are ausome for trying this out, I love big cupcakes icon_eek.gif Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:13am
post #5 of 20

I went to that site, and just got a another search engine, not a vendor. Could you clarify where you ordered the pans from? TIA

JustToEatCake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:23am
post #6 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearkitty

Are these like the "Jumbo" cupcakes? or would the normal cupcake liners fit in them... you are ausome for trying this out, I love big cupcakes icon_eek.gif Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

Hi, no these aren't the jumbo cakes, these are like regular cupcakes but they are just a little bigger. Actually they are like cupcakes my mom used to bake when i was a kid. Just what I consider a "normal" cupcake. The others seem a bit....umm...small or petite. I wish my battery was charged in my camera, you'd see it'd be sort of like if you were looking at a cupcakes in a bakery case to buy and you'd see all the ones that looked like they were smaller "ladies at tea" (but not the minis) cupcakes and then you'd see "the one". The one that was just slightly bigger and you'd know just that ONE cupcake would make a nice snack. Well they all turn out like that. They are about 1/4th bigger but it makes a nice difference in the result.

You know how when you use the CC liners from the grocery in your CC pans (unless you have the really old kind) how the liners stick up about 1/4 to 1/8 inch out the top, even with frosting in them? Well these sit flush down in the pan when batter is in them. When you use the little bigger CC liners like from Ateco they stick up about 1/8th above the pan. But if you use the Ateco CC liners in the old pans they stick up about a half an inch above the pan. The cups in the pans are almost a half inch wider at the top than the "others" and they are slightly less \\_/ at the bottom. They come out being approx the same size as a 1/2 cup measuring cup with a nice dome and a big dolop of frosting!

For me the other pans make about a 3 bite CC and these pans make about a 4 - 5 bite cupcake. I'm sorry 3 bites just isn't enough...lol...and I'm sorry I'm not paying 1.75 or whatever they want to charge for a 3 bite cupcake. I like a nice full CC with some cake to it along with the frosting.

I hope my ramblings make sense, sometimes they don't icon_smile.gif Just ask if I've confused more than helped! Sometimes I confuse myself...well I do that a alot actually.

On another note, that company also has the jumbo pans (and the liners) like you spoke of, but I am not interested in making those 4" wide muffin size cc's...remember if you look for them look under "bakery supplies" and muffin pans 4.16 oz.

JustToEatCake Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:24am
post #7 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by lcubed82

I went to that site, and just got a another search engine, not a vendor. Could you clarify where you ordered the pans from? TIA

You have to take all the periods out... I'll try it this way..put it all together
Web staurant store . com

Bearkitty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bearkitty Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:39am
post #8 of 20

Wow thanks icon_biggrin.gif I totally understand, these cupcakes would be like "Did you add something to these cupcakes? they just seem different for some reason icon_confused.gif " lol... will have to get some.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 9 Nov 2009 , 4:40am
post #9 of 20

Thanks! Now I need to go measure by oldies!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 1:57pm
post #10 of 20

does anyone have any photos of cc's made with this pan?

possibly a side by side shot of this size cc next to a reg. cc?

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 4:39pm
post #11 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

does anyone have any photos of cc's made with this pan?

possibly a side by side shot of this size cc next to a reg. cc?

I will have some pics later of CC made with these pans, but not a side by side comparison. Honestly when you see them without being side by side, they look the same but side by side you can tell they are just slightly bigger. Like another 1-2 bites if that makes sense. Let me go see if I can get them out of my camera from this weekend.

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:25pm
post #12 of 20

Ok here you go. As I said it's kinda hard to tell without being side by side but these I'd call full cupcakes, not too big but not the dainty ones the other pan I had made. The bottoms don't taper in like V but that's not the only difference.
LL

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:25pm
post #13 of 20

Ok here you go. As I said it's kinda hard to tell without being side by side but these I'd call full cupcakes, not too big but not the dainty ones the other pan I had made. The bottoms don't taper in like V but that's not the only difference.
LL

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:34pm
post #14 of 20

Sorry double/triple post (got error )

JustToEatCake Posted 7 Dec 2009 , 5:35pm
post #15 of 20

I kept getting this error Could not connect to smtp host : 113 : No route to host

DEBUG MODE

Line : 150
File : /home/cake/public_html/includes/smtp.php

so it posted twice, sorry, I don't know how to delete one.

KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 4:29pm
post #16 of 20

how big was the top cake in that pic, an 8" ???

Also what size are the boards on the cake stand, that will help me a lot!

Thank you so much.......I plan to order one of those pans I think.....too bad I couldn't get ahold of one for this weekend, I wound up buying one at the mall at a kitchen store that holds 6 oz. of water in the cup...so it's rather a large muffin type size.

I want to make some ornament cupcakes but want them to be decent sized so that I can get a few dollars for each one (I'm not putting the extra ball on top, just baking them with a nice dome)

my reg. cc's go for $.75/ea so in order to justify charging $3.00/each for these I wanted there to be a little more cake!

JustToEatCake Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 5:07pm
post #17 of 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

how big was the top cake in that pic, an 8" ???

Also what size are the boards on the cake stand, that will help me a lot!

Thank you so much.......I plan to order one of those pans I think.....too bad I couldn't get ahold of one for this weekend, I wound up buying one at the mall at a kitchen store that holds 6 oz. of water in the cup...so it's rather a large muffin type size.

I want to make some ornament cupcakes but want them to be decent sized so that I can get a few dollars for each one (I'm not putting the extra ball on top, just baking them with a nice dome)

my reg. cc's go for $.75/ea so in order to justify charging $3.00/each for these I wanted there to be a little more cake!

The cake is really 8.5" because I used a crappy wilton that had slanted sides and had to trim. The boards are 9", 12", 15, 18". HTH

KHalstead Posted 8 Dec 2009 , 9:37pm
post #18 of 20

that helps me so much, thanks.......you sold me on the pan. I'm going to order one next week when I have more funds in the bank lol

I think I'm going to start using that size as my regular cupcake!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 6 Jan 2010 , 3:02am
post #19 of 20

Well, I ordered the pans and they are exactly the same size as my small pans - 3.5 ounces. WEBstaurantStore admitted the product description on the website is incorrect and arranged to pick up my pans at their expense and refund the entire amount.

Cathy26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cathy26 Posted 8 Jan 2010 , 7:15pm
post #20 of 20

you know i have had this problem for ages as the very first muffin pan i bought was a silcon one from a pound shop which i just LOVE but cant find anymore and since then the ones i have bought have been that tiny bit smaller. the one i liked had a top diameter of just over 70mm but all the regular silicon ones from ebay and other suppliers are just about 60-65 mm and it means they dont have as much room to spread out.......

anyway, i checked the measurements of the Wilton muffin pan and it seems to be 75mm top diameter so im in heaven! i am ordering them for my shop as i need to get my cupcakes that wee bit bigger so im using liners that are 50mm base and 40mm height and then with this pan i should be sorted....

just a pity i had to buy so many crap ones first!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%