Cake Boss Show

Decorating By SugaredUp Updated 9 May 2009 , 9:01pm by Cake-Gal

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:22am
post #1 of 136

I know this is lame, but..............

OH MY GOD! I LOVE BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HIS BAKERY IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACE OF CAKES WHO?!

This is what a bakery is SUPPOSED to be!

And I'm so in love..........ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Okay, I got that out of my system. (for now!) hehe

135 replies
SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:30am
post #2 of 136

Did I miss something??? icon_sad.gif

Cake boss show??? icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

SugaredUp Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #3 of 136

Yeah, it was just on. It's on TLC.

His decorating is amazing.

majormichel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
majormichel Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:33am
post #4 of 136

I just watched it for the first time tonight on TLC. What a show? the cakes are lovely and his staff are very talented. But I dont like the beckering and carrrying on from his family members. I dream of openning up a bakery.

Oh, those flowers on the black and white cake very lovely, what kind of flowers are they?

cakerookie1976 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakerookie1976 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:37am
post #5 of 136

The flowers were white anemones....first time to see the show...beautiful cakes!!!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:38am
post #6 of 136

I was soooo waiting on this show! Buddy is amazing and so is his decorating. My jaw dropped in amazement at his piping work! and that bakery is soo busy! I also really loved his story about his father and how far he's come. Buddy looks like such a teddy bear icon_biggrin.gif

Cakeonista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakeonista Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:44am
post #7 of 136

Ladies and gentlemen this is how any big, busy italian bakery works, and the ones that bake bread besides all the cakes..............wow!!! You've never seen anything like it. I love watching him decorate the cakes, thats what I was really hoping for, not the drama of the business part. IMO

SweetPea0613 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPea0613 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #8 of 136

Daaaah!! I have to wait two more hours til they play it again icon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

ThisNameInUse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ThisNameInUse Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #9 of 136

I liked watching the decorating part and seeing what they actually do, but I'm not a fan of all the bickering and drama. I get bickering and drama here in my own house on a 24/7 basis (husband, 4 kids) and I turn on the tv to escape it! LOL

It totally reminded me of the OCC show, but instead of bikes, it's cake.

I did like the part with Buddy telling his father's story.

SugaredUp Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:46am
post #10 of 136

I guess it's different in New York and New Jersey. There aren't many bakeries like that where I live. There are some, sure, the Italian ones and some Polish ones that are very old school, but a lot of the bakeries around here (the ones that are still open, that is) are crap. Crappy product, crappy decorating. So I am impressed!

NuttyNanny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NuttyNanny Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:47am
post #11 of 136

Yippeee!!! A new cake show!! I just watched it and I LOVED it...everything about it. What an amazing talent Buddy has...couldn't believe his piping skills. Unbelievable. Can't wait till the next show. I want to work in that bakery....yesireeeee!

pastryjen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastryjen Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:48am
post #12 of 136

Those wedding cakes for Brides Magazine were awesome. His piping was unbelievable.

Rhonda19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rhonda19 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 2:55am
post #13 of 136

I just watched the show as well....and I " LOVED " the show!!!

It showed what actually goes on in a bakery. That sometimes things go great, and other times....that things do not " go" so great !!

The show also shows Buddy as the person he is...someone who is passionate about his art, loves his family and wants to make them proud.

I think it was a hit....from start to finish!!!

BACI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BACI Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:06am
post #14 of 136

Great show!!! - but wouldn't expect anything less from Buddy and his family! Actually got to see some of the filming while there for a class - and now I believe one of the beautiful cakes too (have to check my photos on which one!). Buddy actually showed us his scroll work & some members made a cake with scroll work - with his guidance! So awesome to see it on the show! and by the way - he is a teddy bear (sorry Buddy! icon_wink.gif - but just remember an Italian teddy bear!! icon_wink.gificon_lol.gif )

CONGRATULATIONS & GREAT JOB BUDDY & FAMILY!!!
Can't wait for the series to start!

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #15 of 136

OMG!! I love this show. I am hooked!!

I want more Buddy. My DVR is set to record whenever he is on.

Yea!! A real show about what happens in a Bakery.

I love the drama, it makes the show real.

DID I SAY THAT I LOVE THE SHOW AND THAT I AM HOOKED!!

shelly-101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelly-101 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:07am
post #16 of 136

I just finished watching it i loved it and those cakes for brides magazine icon_eek.gificon_eek.gificon_eek.gif

shelly icon_biggrin.gif

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #17 of 136

BUDDY! YOU ROCK!!! I LOVE your family! Can I come visit! LOL

Now CCer's THIS is a REAL cake show. It's about family and bickering and yelling, and hugging and loving!

I LOVE BUDDY!

Beth in KY

FlourPots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FlourPots Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:11am
post #18 of 136

I know they're italian, but they remind me of my entire family (we're Puerto Rican)...when the brother-in-law said, "Not for Nothin" and "f r e a k i n' " in the same sentence...I laughed out loud...I hear that alot. Also, when they showed the old photo of Buddy and his dad...I was shocked at how much he looked like my brother as a teen. He doesn't now though.

All 3 black and white cakes were stunningly beautiful...did anybody catch if they were actual cake or dummies? It doesn't matter, but I was just curious. Everything in that shop looked so delicious.

Did you notice the cake Buddy carved for his birthday boat? Not a single crumb...boy, would I love that recipe.

Well, I'm hooked...I'll be watching every week. Quite a different vibe than Charm City's, but I really dig the family involvement and can relate to being driven crazy on the one hand by them, but loving them madly on the other.

cocobaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocobaby Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #19 of 136

I just finished watching the show and those wedding cakes were just amazing!!!!

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:13am
post #20 of 136

I appreciated the realistic side of getting that many people with that many personalities in tight quarters with a dumpload of work to do! Things get heated and when the machine gets a wrench tossed in the gears (running out of sugar....oof), everyone immediately gets on the defensive...yep.

I felt bad for Mary...I really did. Dealing with customers day in and day out...it's like roulette...one of the customers is bound to get the loaded chamber.

Those were gorgeous cakes, incredibly delicious looking desserts, too!

I have told him before (been a while), I think he's got the best looking cake (the crumb on the cake used for the boat is awesome!) of any of the Food Network challengers!

I loved the show and am looking forward to seeing more!

SugaredUp Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:15am
post #21 of 136

Ok, I just have to clarify that I LOVE Ace of Cakes, too, but it is so so so refreshing to see more cake and less ... I don't know, filler...? If that's the right word. Also, I love that they are a real full scale bakery, not just doing cakes only. I love all pastries and baking - so it is great to see that stuff included.

KKC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KKC Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:18am
post #22 of 136

I love Buddy and those cakes were beautiful I love his family especially Mary she reminds me of my mom!!!

playingwithsugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
playingwithsugar Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #23 of 136

Wow, what a show! The cakes were gorgeous. And did you see how busy the storefront was?

But the TV Guide on my cable box said there was supposed to be a second episode. I didn't see it - I got that Jon and Kate + 8 show instead.

Theresa icon_smile.gif

ladefly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladefly Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:20am
post #24 of 136

I alos like theshow... but is is supposed to be a 1/2 hr or an hour show?? My cable said it was supposed to be 1 hour but the last 1/2 hr was jon & Kate plus eight. I'm confused !

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #25 of 136

I loved it. I thought it was very REAL. Buddy is actually working with the team...glitches come up, tempers flare, every one pulls together to get a job done, workmanship is great, ending on a close family relationship, GREAT show!

step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:21am
post #26 of 136

ladefly-I was wondering about that too....but I remember seeing all day the previews said "sneak peak". so, that must be why

meghanb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meghanb Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:31am
post #27 of 136

I loved it too! I couldn't believe how big those icing bags were! Holy smokes. And how fast they ice/decorate??? I wish! The piping was freaking amazing. One day....
And yes, I think filler is the right word for the rest of what goes on with Ace of Cakes. They have so many talented designers, I'd love to see more of what they do! Perhaps they feel like for non-decorators it's not exciting enough?

cakeladyatLA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeladyatLA Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:34am
post #28 of 136

the second episode is the repeat for the west coast.
It was only a sneak peak, the show starts to show regularly Mondays in May.

Susie53 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Susie53 Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:35am
post #29 of 136

Loved the show, can't wait for the next one! Loved the cakes for Brides Magazine! thumbs_up.gif

KrissieCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KrissieCakes Posted 20 Apr 2009 , 3:36am
post #30 of 136

buddyV - we can see you lurking in the forum!!! icon_smile.gif How do feel after this premiere?? I thought the show was awesome. Your piping is extraordinary and your bakery is phenomenal. All I can say is that 30 minutes left both me and my husband wanting more!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%