Cake Filling In Sleeves

Decorating By bakinglover Updated 14 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm by Loucinda

bakinglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinglover Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 21

Where do you purchase your cake filling in sleeves at? Do you purchase online? I would like to keep some on hand just in case. Thanks!

20 replies
foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:09pm
post #2 of 21

fond antsource.com
coupon "cakecentral" will save 10%
countrykitchensa.com also sells them... so does thebakerskitchen.net and I think gsa does too

bakinglover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakinglover Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 7:18pm
post #3 of 21

Thank you so much.

beachcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beachcakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:46am
post #4 of 21

I usually order mine from countrykitchensa.com. their prices seem to be the best.

sweetiesbykim Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetiesbykim Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 1:54am
post #5 of 21

My local cake supply store carries them. I've thought of trying them, but are they any different and better than a canned pie filling? I make most of mine homemade from reducing frozen fruit, or adding premade sauces to my SMBC, so I didn't want to buy an entire sleeve if it's very processed tasting.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:02am
post #6 of 21

Bulk food stores usually carry them. I have a bakery supply buisness in my area that carries them also. I use them all the time. I have tried any flaovr you can think of. yumm!

MyDiwa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MyDiwa Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:06am
post #7 of 21

I actually found some in Party Box, a party supply store.

crumbcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbcake Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:21am
post #8 of 21

OMG, I just posted the same question! Yes they are a time saver and taste great! I would not make my own anymore.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 2:32am
post #9 of 21

I use them all the time. All. The. Time.

The best part is that they are shelf stable (do not need refrigeration.) I mix them with bc for a mousse like filling. I also used a meringue based bc.

sweetiesbykim Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:21am
post #10 of 21

Thanks so much for your positive responses to its taste crumbcake and leahs -I think I'll pick up a raspberry tomorrow! BTW, has anyone used it for cheesecake swirl? Would it be the right consistency?

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:37am
post #11 of 21

I have a question for you then leahs! I just came across the bavarian cream and the chocolate bavarian sleeved fillings... which I LOVE (!!) as well as the friends who have tried my cakes... but what I am wondering is if this limits your filling options? Or do you only use the fillings when need be and also offer other types on your menu that don't come premade?

... Just thought it would be a great time for me to pick your brain! Thanks in advance!

CakeDiva73 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeDiva73 Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:53am
post #12 of 21

I use the raspberry one often but sadly, when I tried the Bavarian Cream, I almost gagged. It was dreadful.......maybe I got a bad batch, I can't remember the manufacturer though.

All I know is my husband and I both tasted it and it had a (bad) tang to it - blech! I can still remember the nast.

I am glad to hear you all use it and love it though. Maybe I'll give it another try.

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 4:31pm
post #13 of 21

Meagazz, I use these all the time I do a Strawberry bavarian cream fill french vanilla cake. It is one of my most requested cakes.

Raspberry filled with a chocolate fudge cake yumm.

For a restaurant That I make desert for I use them with puff pastry filled with any flavor filling and then drizzled with white choc.

Meagazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Meagazz Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 7:42pm
post #14 of 21

Oh yum, tripleD, that cake sounds great!

Next question now... (sorry!) I NEVER am able to use up the entire package of filling, and I hate that it always goes to waste, so I always put a bag clip on it, put it in a Ziploc, and then throw it in the firdge... but once I have opened it, how long will it last in the fridge??

mellee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mellee Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:21pm
post #15 of 21

Meagazz, I have been wondering the exact same thing, and I am hoping someone who uses these often will jump in and give us the answer! Thanks! icon_smile.gif

sweetiesbykim Posted 9 Apr 2009 , 11:39pm
post #16 of 21

BTW, I just got my first sleeve (raspberry) to try. I thought it was a little starchy feeling/tasting, and not as much tart rasp flavor as I like. I melted 1/2-3/4 cup rasp preserves with 1-2 Tbsp water in the micro, then mixed that into 1/2 the sleeve. I swirled it into a white chocolate cheesecake, and it worked like a charm! Perfect consistency! I'll use it now to stretch my preserves or homemade sauce. I'll eventually test some others, as I love the idea of it being shelf stable, cheaper, and a real time saver! icon_smile.gif

tracey1970 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tracey1970 Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 12:47am
post #17 of 21

I live in a small town in Ontario, an hour and a half from Toronto, and I can't find anywhere to buy sleeved fillings except a few at McCall's where I do not have membership. Most websites are in USD and charge a ton for shipping to Canada. Anyone in Ontario who knows where I can buy sleeved fillings, please help! Thanks.

psurrette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
psurrette Posted 10 Apr 2009 , 1:02am
post #18 of 21

I use them all the time as well. I try to by Henry and Henry brand but have used the ck brand when I cant get what i want. If I dont use them all I put them in the fridge if I know I need it the following week but if its going to be a while I out it in the freezer.
Good luck

Lee15 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lee15 Posted 13 Apr 2009 , 5:37pm
post #19 of 21

I use them all the time and have not found one flavor that I do not like. Not certain which brand I use (think it's CK) - I am so use to it that I just pick them up without thinking about it.

I have had them open for several weeks in the refrigerator and had no problem with them. However, personally, I would not keep the bavarian cream for more than a week.

jensenscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jensenscakes Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 12:37am
post #20 of 21

I work in a grocery store and we use those all the time. I've had a bag in the fridge for 5-7 days and it was still good. I've never tested it to it's limits, but from what I've seen I guess it would ve awhile.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 14 Apr 2009 , 1:18pm
post #21 of 21

I read aprevious post on the subject of how long would they last, and they are supposed to be good 6 months (after being opened) in the refrigerator. One year unopened. Maybe if you do a search you can find who posted it - I am thinking someone emailed the company and asked.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%