Would Do This? April Fools Cake...

Decorating By sadsmile Updated 6 Apr 2009 , 12:22pm by sadsmile

sadsmile Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sadsmile Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 3:56pm
post #1 of 45

Here are my thoughts. We have cats. My kids hate to fork out the box!! They always need reminding about the doody duty. So what if I made a cat litter box cake with poop and all. Buy a brand new scooper ect... And kept it a secret if I can. I could come out from my room(the box is in my bathroom) with a scoop of the stuff yelling in my mean mommy voice, "Who's job is it today and who forgot to do it yesterday?? Why is there so much poopoo in that box?!!! And be holding the scooper with a nice scoop of cake with a chocolate turd on it and then when they are standing infront of me whimpering and pleading not to do it - I take a bite...?
icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif

My other thought was to make a nasty arse flavered cake by adding chicken stock and salt instead of sugar and make the icing with lard and sugar and use beef stock for the liquid. Decorate it all pretty and make some real icing with lots of creme boquet to cover up the smell..LOL And let them all have a nice hunk. Where is the vomit smiley when you need it? I would have to make some real yummy cupcakes to make up for that one thought..LOL icon_rolleyes.gif

Whad ya think?

44 replies
QueenOfSweets Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
QueenOfSweets Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:55pm
post #2 of 45

As a child who had to alternate litter box duty with two sisters and HATED EVERY MINUTE of it, I think the litter box cake idea is a fantastic one for April Fool's Day. As long as you think your kids will see the humor (eventually) too, I say go for it! Let us know how it turns out!

I LOVE April Fool's Day!

BumbleBakeShop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BumbleBakeShop Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:35pm
post #3 of 45

I love the litter box idea!! icon_lol.gif

cakes22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes22 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 45

That's just mean!!! I love it!!! icon_lol.gif

Use tootsie rolls for cat poop!! We did that to my DD, we left a tootsie roll on the couch and told her that her cat crapped on the couch and my hubby picked it with papertowel and took a hugh bite. My DD just about fainted dead away........hahahaha!!

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:39pm
post #5 of 45

there are several pic's of the kitty litter box idea, along with some recipes on this site!!! I did it once and it was so gross no one would eat it!!!

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #6 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

Here are my thoughts. We have cats. My kids hate to fork out the box!! They always need reminding about the doody duty. So what if I made a cat litter box cake with poop and all. Buy a brand new scooper ect... And kept it a secret if I can. I could come out from my room(the box is in my bathroom) with a scoop of the stuff yelling in my mean mommy voice, "Who's job is it today and who forgot to do it yesterday?? Why is there so much poopoo in that box?!!! And be holding the scooper with a nice scoop of cake with a chocolate turd on it and then when they are standing infront of me whimpering and pleading not to do it - I take a bite...?
icon_evil.gificon_twisted.gif

sadsmile - My 7 yo son has dubbed me "The Grossest Mom Ever" and even I wouldn't do this to my poor kids. icon_lol.gif (I bet your house is the "funnest" one on the block.)

alanaj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alanaj Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #7 of 45

Yay for the litter box! I wish I could be there to see their faces! Can you set up a hidden camera? icon_smile.gif

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:45pm
post #8 of 45

OMG! I am so glad I'm home alone because I am laughing so loud staring at my computer screen about the cat poop!!!! It's got me thinking...I totally need to do something like that...only with dog poop....my son would DIE!!!!! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

GayeG Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GayeG Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:53pm
post #9 of 45

Yep Sadsmile - I too am guilty of all the pleasures (mine of course) of tricking my kids like that on April 01! They are grown now and still wonder every year IF I might have done something! No one wants to eat what I cook on that day icon_wink.gif Or go P! Or wake up! *Ive had so much innocent fun!
I'm even guilty of doing that very cake one year! *Ah I sure miss those days! Hey wait!!! I have GRANDKIDS now!!! Woohooo!!
I say totaly do it!! And post us a pic of it!! icon_smile.gif I'd so love to see your kidz faces when you take a bite!!!

GingerCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GingerCakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:54pm
post #10 of 45

I say do the litter box idea, that is great! The second cake idea would be a lot of work for something you wouldn't want to really eat. The litter box cake would let you have your laugh and eat it too! Great idea!

jdelaney81 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jdelaney81 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:58pm
post #11 of 45

I love the kitty litter cake. A friend made it for an office party for Halloween. It was absolutely hilarious! Here is where she got the recipe...
http://a llrecipes.com/R ecipe/K itty-L itter-C ake/D etail.a spx (you have to take out the spaces.) Great idea for the kids!!!
icon_biggrin.gif

susanscakecreations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanscakecreations Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:08pm
post #12 of 45

Hear hear for the kitty litter cake!!!!!!!!
You have a morbid streak in you, don't you!!!!!! (s'ok.......I do too!!!!!)
I love that idea!!!!!! I can just see you now starting to take a bite....................bwahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:13pm
post #13 of 45

I think it's hysterical. Post pics!!!!!!

Caths_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Caths_Cakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:14pm
post #14 of 45

omg i almost fell about laughing when you said take a bite . . omg omg that would be sooooo hilarious, its a shame you couldnt get pics!! would be classic youve been framed moment!!! defonately do the kitty little idea!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:20pm
post #15 of 45

OMG the kitty litter cake definitely icon_lol.gif ,in laughing so hard it hurts,please have a camera ready to snap their faces and let us see.Or pretend you are so angry move closer and quickly smear the face of one of them b4 you take a bite.

arsing1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
arsing1 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:38pm
post #16 of 45

LMAO! What about instead of you taking the bite make your kids take a bite. Or the one who's day it is to clean the litter box, as "punishment".

sadsmile Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 6:47pm
post #17 of 45

LOL what if I 'got so mad' that I strted accidentally shaking the scooper at them and it flopped onto one of them! Then I could grab a piece of it off the floor or wherever it landed 9hopefully on one of them0 and took a bite still yelling...ROFL!

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:00pm
post #18 of 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by sadsmile

LOL what if I 'got so mad' that I strted accidentally shaking the scooper at them and it flopped onto one of them!

OMGosh. Now THAT would be funny! My daughter would PASS OUT if I did that. I might have to do that. And, since April 1st is our cat's birthday, it would be the perfect cake. Yes, I have to bake a cake for the cat's birthday! (My son was 4 when we adopted her and could not understand why I wouldn't make her a cake, too.)

vcm_9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vcm_9 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:09pm
post #19 of 45

Oh My GOSS!!!

You SO have to do the cat litter thingy, and have someone take photos!!! I really want to see their expression! How funny.

You have to do it...best thing I have heard in AGES

melodyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melodyscakes Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:16pm
post #20 of 45

your so mean. I'm jealous I didn't think of it first.

hehehehe

milissasmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milissasmom Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:17pm
post #21 of 45

The kitty litter box cakes always go over very well (even when they are not eaten)! lol...

I love the idea of you taking a big bite. Since they are so simple and quick to make, you can do it while they are in school or something. Good luck...April Fools!!!!

mariahrose17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mariahrose17 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:21pm
post #22 of 45

! I wish you could post pics of your kids reactions when you do this!!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:30pm
post #23 of 45

This is just too funny! I have a little dog (min pin) that my kids hate. One day they propped her up with a pillow on the couch, laid her on her back and set a beer bottle so it looked like she was all kicked back on the couch drinking a beer. They took a picture and presented it to me when I got home and said "see what Ginger does all day while you're at work mom?!" Those little tootsie rolls are the perfect Ginger-poop size! I think I'll discover one on the floor and pop it in my mouth in front of the kids for 4/1 - they will just die!!

idgalpal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idgalpal Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 11:34pm
post #24 of 45

This is just too funny! I have a little dog (min pin) that my kids hate. One day they propped her up with a pillow on the couch, laid her on her back and set a beer bottle so it looked like she was all kicked back on the couch drinking a beer. They took a picture and presented it to me when I got home and said "see what Ginger does all day while you're at work mom?!" Those little tootsie rolls are the perfect Ginger-poop size! I think I'll discover one on the floor and pop it in my mouth in front of the kids for 4/1 - they will just die!!

classiccake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
classiccake Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:18am
post #25 of 45

They will certainly never forget April 1st!! LOL...go for it!

sadsmile Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 1:57am
post #26 of 45

Drat! No one told me about Spring Break! I have been so busy I forgot all about school holidays. They are off now till April 6th!!! Maybe if I stay up really late and do it they won't know and I could yell at them in the morning..hahaha I am still so going to do it though!

tripleD Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tripleD Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:09am
post #27 of 45

oh I love it! wish I could see your kids face. I am always pulling pranks on my kids I thrive on it. I always love april fools. When I worked in a Bank I was working the drive thru. I told a customer that his money was counterfit. His face turned red and he came running into the bank in a panic. I loved it. He finally recooped and then decided it was funny. That was 3 years ago. Everytime I see him he always asks me if I have any funny money for him.

JessDesserts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JessDesserts Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:10am
post #28 of 45

I think the kitty litter cake is hysterical!!!

I made one ( im pretty sure its in my pics) for a co-workers birthday. I like to laugh and she was such a good sport. Shes the neighborhood 'cat lady', a big kind heart, always taking in strays.

I couldnt resist!! It is quite life like and the girls couldnt understand why there was a cat box at work. It was awesome!

Make sure you have your camera!!!!

Jess

Ruby2uesday Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruby2uesday Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:25am
post #29 of 45

Oh i love the litter box cake! it's actually very good and it can be made to look VERY REAL!!! Have fun!

solascakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
solascakes Posted 31 Mar 2009 , 12:44pm
post #30 of 45

I absolutely cannot wait for this,i'm so anxious

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%