New Cake Tv Show Casting For Un-Discovered Talent!

Decorating By Heath Updated 6 Dec 2009 , 2:59pm by Love2BakeCakes

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:11pm
post #1 of 454

Cake Central is working with a production company on the casting of a new cake show. They are looking for undiscovered elite cake decorators for a new series.

I encourage anyone who thinks they have what it takes to compete in a televised cake contest to submit their application. It doesn't cost anything to apply and an opportunity like this does not come along often.

If chosen they will cover your travel expenses so don't let that hold you back!

we cannot disclose what network will be carrying the show at this time so please do not ask, but feel free to post here with any general questions and I will do my best to get you answers.

This is your opportunity to get discovered !!!!

Quote:
Quote:

NOW CASTING
A MAJOR CABLE NETWORK IS NOW
CASTING CAKE DECORATORS TO
COMPETE IN
THE EXTREME CAKE CONTEST!

Do you consider cake baking an art
form?

Do you create the most
incredible edible designs?

Can you
do things with cake, people wouldnt
believe possible?

We are looking for cake decorators to
square off in an extreme cake
contest. The winning cake will be
showcased at a live event and on
and on
NATIONAL TV.

Whether you own a major bakery or
work out of your basement, if you
have the creativity and skills to win
we want to meet you!

-  TIME COMMITMENT IS ONLY 3-5 DAYS

Interested candidates should send a brief bio about themselves, a recent picture, and a few pictures of their best cakes to:
[email protected]

453 replies
tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:25pm
post #2 of 454

I am scared when they say the word "extreme"!..... icon_lol.gif

Edna icon_biggrin.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 10:30pm
post #3 of 454

I'm gonna take a deep breath and send an email.

This isn't the same one as they are having at the Maryland Cake show is it?

Heath Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:39am
post #4 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

I'm gonna take a deep breath and send an email.

This isn't the same one as they are having at the Maryland Cake show is it?

nope, these are two totally different opportunities that came up at the same time thumbs_up.gif

Heath Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 454

I hope a bunch of you apply, it would be great to see more of the talent here get the recognition you deserve thumbs_up.gif

foxymomma521 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
foxymomma521 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:25pm
post #6 of 454

Edna you have to apply!!! Your cakes are amazing!!!

amberlee416 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amberlee416 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:32pm
post #7 of 454

wow i would love to apply but i dont even come close to some of the talent i've seen on here. Well i do in my head, but it never comes out the same lol

sweeteats0919 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweeteats0919 Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:33pm
post #8 of 454

When is the deadline to enter?

sweetjan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetjan Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:36pm
post #9 of 454

amberlee416.....ha ha ha ha ha ha! icon_lol.gif Me, too!

Let's see who else needs to apply.....LOTS! aine2 sugarshack toneda
michele foster and many, many more! The list can go on and on from CC!

juleebug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juleebug Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 4:37pm
post #10 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlee416

wow i would love to apply but i dont even come close to some of the talent i've seen on here. Well i do in my head, but it never comes out the same lol

You and me both, amberlee. icon_lol.gif

Heath,

Does "travel expenses" include food and hotel or is it just a plane ticket to get there?

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 26 Mar 2009 , 5:41pm
post #11 of 454

Go for it!!!! Why not, we only live once and as Heath said, these opportunities are few and far between. I crossed my fingers and sent my app. If anything, it will be an exciting opportunity for one of us if chosen. Good Luck to All!!!!

Heath Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:30am
post #12 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by juleebug

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberlee416

You and me both, amberlee. icon_lol.gif

Heath,

Does "travel expenses" include food and hotel or is it just a plane ticket to get there?

I would imagine it would cover hotel and food but I will double check on that and reply back.

Heath Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:33am
post #13 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweeteats0919

When is the deadline to enter?

I will ask if there is a hard deadline, however I do know they are eager to get started on it so I imagine as soon as they find people they are happy with they will just go with it. I do not think they are waiting until after a submission deadline to review the applicants so I would encourage everyone who is considering it to apply asap so you don't miss out on the chance to be considered.

Kitagrl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 2:35am
post #14 of 454

I think they do want it asap but the video you have to send in is due by April 17....

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:02am
post #15 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by foxymomma521

Edna you have to apply!!! Your cakes are amazing!!!

I send them an email asking them what did they mean with extreme..Well he loves my cakes...Not the reason I sent the email for..But my website was in the signature..

The only thing I was not totally comfortable is that they say that they will supply the materials.. I am not sure I want to work with buttercream I never worked before in my life.. icon_redface.gif

Anyways...will see..
Edna icon_smile.gif

janelwaters Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
janelwaters Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:04am
post #16 of 454

I just sent my stuff in - I really don't think that I have a chance, but I thought what the heck!

Edna - what did they tell you??

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:05am
post #17 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonedna

I am not sure I want to work with buttercream I never worked before in my life.. icon_redface.gif

Guess I'll have to slip that pack of dream whip in my pocket! icon_rolleyes.gif

Kitagrl Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:14am
post #18 of 454

I have to get to work on the video part.... I know I don't have a chance but it will be fun to try! If nothing else, I don't know that I have the "tv personality" they are looking for.

He told me on the phone today he is not sure if the contestants will be allowed to bring anything from home or not....

CakesUnleashed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesUnleashed Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #19 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath

I hope a bunch of you apply, it would be great to see more of the talent here get the recognition you deserve thumbs_up.gif

OMG!!! I just applied. Holy Cake Crumbs!!! This is most definitely an opportunity I cannot pass up!

Heath, can you tell me where I find out all the rules,regulations and requirements are regarding the show??? Thank you soooooooo much for bringing this special event to our attention.

Fingers crossed it will be a CC Member that wins! How awesome would that be??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Happy Baking,

Deborah
Cakes Unleashed!!

CakesUnleashed Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:38am
post #20 of 454
Quote:

I have to get to work on the video part.... I know I don't have a chance but it will be fun to try! If nothing else, I don't know that I have the "tv personality" they are looking for.

He told me on the phone today he is not sure if the contestants will be allowed to bring anything from home or not....

Kitagirl, How did you get in contact with a "live" person!?!?!?!

indydebi Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 3:52am
post #21 of 454
Quote:

You have to do a video? How did you find that out?

Not bring anything from home? Let's see ... I gotta slip the dream whip in my back pocket, then buy a big purse so I can get my Melvira roller in there ...... icon_rolleyes.gif

Heath Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:29am
post #22 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by CakesUnleashed

Quote:

OMG!!! I just applied. Holy Cake Crumbs!!! This is most definitely an opportunity I cannot pass up!

Heath, can you tell me where I find out all the rules,regulations and requirements are regarding the show??? Thank you soooooooo much for bringing this special event to our attention.

Fingers crossed it will be a CC Member that wins! How awesome would that be??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!

Happy Baking,

Deborah
Cakes Unleashed!!

I do not know if there is a link with all that info as there are probably a lot of decisions still in flux. However if you contact them they will be able to tell you what you need to know as far as the process...

Heath Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 6:41pm
post #23 of 454

Ok I double checked and all travel expenses will be covered for those selected. In addition there will be an appearance fee paid to the contestants as well. I do not think the amount has been determined yet.

CakesUnleashed Posted 27 Mar 2009 , 7:40pm
post #24 of 454
Quote:

Ok I double checked and all travel expenses will be covered for those selected. In addition there will be an appearance fee paid to the contestants as well. I do not think the amount has been determined yet.

Thank you, Heath, for taking the time to check into it. Whoooo Hooooo! I am soooooo excited. I don't want to get my hopes up but I am incredibly thrilled this opportunity has come up.

Thanks again,

Deb
www.cakesunleashed.biz

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 2:56am
post #25 of 454

This is so cool! I have applied too. I hope it's not too late. How long did it take to hear back from them on your e-mail Edna?

Good luck to everyone!

Michele

indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #26 of 454
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

I have to get to work on the video part.... I know I don't have a chance but it will be fun to try! If nothing else, I don't know that I have the "tv personality" they are looking for....

You have to do a video? How did you find that out?

Kitagirl ..... what's the scoop on this? What video? how did you find this out? How long? When does it need submitted? Fill us in!!

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:06am
post #27 of 454

The only thing I was not totally comfortable is that they say that they will supply the materials.. I am not sure I want to work with buttercream I never worked before in my life..

At least you wouldn't need a semi-truck to get there with nothing to haul. Maybe they will let the contestants experiment a little before the competition.

This is so exciting!

Michele

janelwaters Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:15am
post #28 of 454

Indy - If you send in a quick bio with a couple pics the casting director will email you/call you and walk you though everything else that needs to be done - including the 10 minute video and all the paperwork!

I sent my stuff in (email) last night and the casting director emailed me back early this afternoon.

They pay all the expenses for you and an assistant.

I cannot even BELIEVE that I might have a chance at this. I sent my stuff in last night fueled by pain killers after a sucky dentist appointment. I thought I was going to have a heart attack when I got an email back!!

Good luck to everyone!!

Janel

indydebi Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:27am
post #29 of 454

Thanks! I didn't want to send anything in and look foolish for not sending everything I need.

janelwaters Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 3:32am
post #30 of 454

You are so welcome - if you go back to the beginning of the thread Heath outlines what needs to be sent it - then if they want more they contact you.

Clearly in my drug enduced state last night I didn't care if I was missing anything because I thought about it for a full 5 seconds before I shot off that email!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%