Poodle/puppy Using 2 Cupcakes

Decorating By cvgonz Updated 18 May 2008 , 12:17am by 7yyrt

cvgonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvgonz Posted 16 May 2008 , 5:24pm
post #1 of 9

Please help me. I saw two cupcakes decorated as a poodle/puppy. It was great! I need a picture to follow so that I can recreate if for my Kindergarten students. What kind of tip is used?

If you have a picture of one, please help.

Many thanks!

8 replies
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetideas Posted 16 May 2008 , 9:13pm
post #3 of 9

i dont know t you are looking for exactltly, but pinkbox sent me a tutorial a while back...very cute!

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:13am
post #4 of 9
sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 17 May 2008 , 1:50pm
post #5 of 9

I bought the hello cupcake book last week and my daughter and I tried out the dog cupcake one. You take a refular cupcake to use for the body and a mini cupcake that will be for the head. Place the mini cupcake on it's side with the "top" of the cupcake facing forwards and put it near the front of the large cupcake, secure with a toothpick or a straw. Take a mini marshmallow and cut in half diagonally for the ears and press the sticky side down into some colored sugar (pink) for the ears. Place a small amount of icing on the top sides of the mini cupcake and place your ears. Take another mini marshcallow and attach to the front of the lower part of the mini cupcake securing with a small dab of icing - this will be teh muzzle. Using tip #18 pipe all over the cupcakes and the muzzle to give the effect of shaggy dog fur - use what ever colors you like. I used mini m&ms for the nose and eyes.
LL

sgirvan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgirvan Posted 17 May 2008 , 2:01pm
post #6 of 9

I bought the hello cupcake book last week and my daughter and I tried out the dog cupcake one. You take a refular cupcake to use for the body and a mini cupcake that will be for the head. Place the mini cupcake on it's side with the "top" of the cupcake facing forwards and put it near the front of the large cupcake, secure with a toothpick or a straw. Take a mini marshmallow and cut in half diagonally for the ears and press the sticky side down into some colored sugar (pink) for the ears. Place a small amount of icing on the top sides of the mini cupcake and place your ears. Take another mini marshcallow and attach to the front of the lower part of the mini cupcake securing with a small dab of icing - this will be teh muzzle. Using tip #18 pipe all over the cupcakes and the muzzle to give the effect of shaggy dog fur - use what ever colors you like. I used mini m&ms for the nose and eyes.
LL

cvgonz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cvgonz Posted 17 May 2008 , 7:31pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks to all who replied! I found the ones I was looking for...Love ya for answering. thumbs_up.gif

My kids at school will be soooooo happy.

Many thanks!

Metabea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Metabea Posted 17 May 2008 , 11:04pm
post #8 of 9

I know you already found yours while I was finding mine and scanning it but figured what the heck someone else might enjoy it Image

7yyrt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
7yyrt Posted 18 May 2008 , 12:17am
post #9 of 9

Yes, yes! Always looking for new ways.

Thanks much

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%