Critique Subgroup Member?

Decorating By Price Updated 10 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm by xstitcher

Price Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Price Posted 22 Apr 2008 , 11:32pm
post #1 of 29

Sorry for the stupid question. I haven't had alot of spare time to be on here lately. What is a "Critique subgroup member"?

Thanks
Jean

28 replies
step0nmi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 12:46am
post #2 of 29

we are a separate group that formed to give "real" comments on the cakes that we have made. You don't have to do anything grand...just join and put three photos up that you want critique! You have to really want to improve to get "real" comments on your cakes. It's a really helpful group! I LOVE it! icon_biggrin.gif

newlywedws Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newlywedws Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:51am
post #3 of 29

How do you join this group?

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:04am
post #4 of 29

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopict-579011.html

Here is the thread...anyone can join! Just post in there that you want to be a member and then show us 3 of your cake photos that you want to be critiqued! It's that simple! It's soo nice because you get automatic feedback on what you can do better. We do not put you down, we just give you some constructive criticism on what you can improve on!

Hope to see you there! icon_wink.gif

aundron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aundron Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:14am
post #5 of 29

Hey Step, don't forget you have to be a Gallery Supporter Member as well!! icon_smile.gif

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:18am
post #6 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by aundron

Hey Step, don't forget you have to be a Gallery Supporter Member as well!! icon_smile.gif

AH! I DID forget that! you are right! thank you! icon_biggrin.gif

hopesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopesmith Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 2:37am
post #7 of 29

Maybe I need to do that once I get enough posts. I never have comments on my pics on here. I don't have many and I'm just starting out, but some constructive critism would be nice so I know if what I am doing is right.

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 3:22am
post #8 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesmith

Maybe I need to do that once I get enough posts. I never have comments on my pics on here. I don't have many and I'm just starting out, but some constructive critism would be nice so I know if what I am doing is right.

YEAH! You only have under 29 posts to go! You could do that in a couple days!!! icon_biggrin.gif

hopesmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hopesmith Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 4:03am
post #9 of 29

Thanks. It's taken me over a year to get those. Being "the quiet one" has it's disadvantages. (-:

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:24am
post #10 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopesmith

YEAH! You only have under 29 posts to go! You could do that in a couple days!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Do you all know how long it takes to become a gallery supporter member? I used the link from the thread "Want to be a Gallery Supporter?" at the end of last week but have not heard/seen anything yet.

Thanks!

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 1:44pm
post #11 of 29

xstitcher-maybe you can PM the moderator of that thread then! icon_smile.gif Couldn't hurt! She may just not be on as much!

vteventrider Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vteventrider Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:06pm
post #12 of 29

This sounds like a great group so I can get advice from all the greats on CC. Now I just have to get to 100 posts!

sweetflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetflowers Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:25pm
post #13 of 29

xstitcher, it says Gallery Support Member under you name when you post! Did you put that in?

step0nmi Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 6:37pm
post #14 of 29

nope...one of the moderators must've saw her request. You need to go to the thread in the Gallery Support Members thread to put in a request...I think there is a thread in one of the General forums as well...which is where you would go if you are not a support member yet. Look for a sticky! icon_biggrin.gif

xstitcher Posted 23 Apr 2008 , 11:11pm
post #15 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by step0nmi

nope...one of the moderators must've saw her request. You need to go to the thread in the Gallery Support Members thread to put in a request...I think there is a thread in one of the General forums as well...which is where you would go if you are not a support member yet. Look for a sticky! icon_biggrin.gif

Yup, I'm pleased to say that as of today I am now a proud Gallery Support Member!

Thanks everyone!

Trixyinaz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Trixyinaz Posted 1 May 2008 , 6:30pm
post #16 of 29

I'm waiting to be a gallery supporter member and am very interested in the Critique Subgroup. Once I get membership to the gallery suppor group, how do I become a member tot he Critique subgroup? The link posted doesn't work. Thanks!

CelebrationCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CelebrationCakery Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:06pm
post #17 of 29

I just tried the Critique Subgroup Member link on this thread too....you are certainly right...it doesn't work....Did anyone have the correct link? I am not a Gallery Supporter yet but did request to be...I would love to join the Critique Subgroup as well though...

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 1:56pm
post #18 of 29

I wish the Critique Subgroup was separate from the Gallery Supporters. They really are two totally different groups. Come on guys.......

Trixyinaz Posted 9 Aug 2008 , 9:36pm
post #19 of 29

here is the link to the thread that is going now. I think that other one was the thread that was affected with the last crash and no one realzised they should hcange it here. Anyway, check it out....

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=579011&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

CelebrationCakery Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:48am
post #20 of 29

I tried this link too...but unfortunately is says the site does not exist....Thank you so much though.

Trixyinaz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:42am
post #21 of 29

the link I posted above works. I just clicked on it and it took me to the thread we all have been posting in. Try it again or do a search for critique subgroup members.

Trixyinaz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:46am
post #22 of 29

haha...I didn't realie that thread is in teh gallery supporters section, which I just realieed is a private area. Sorry, once you become a gallery supporter, you can get to the section and join the critique subgroup.

CelebrationCakery Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 12:31pm
post #23 of 29

Thank you Vicki! I will wait out to see when I get the Gallery Supporter Member statis...then I will try again. Thank you again, I am sure others will see the thread and find it useful in the future.

SugaredUp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugaredUp Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:01pm
post #24 of 29

I thought that once you donated to Cake Central, you were automatically a gallery supporter member, but I donated, and I guess I'm not one? I'm confused!

CelebrationCakery Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:16pm
post #25 of 29

I think you need to have a certain number of posts....I am thinking the number is 100...I was trying to check but just cannot find it in the forums quite yet....I will let you know.

CelebrationCakery Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 1:28pm
post #26 of 29

It is 100 posts...

Trixyinaz Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 2:05pm
post #27 of 29

I thought Gallery Supporter meant you donated, also. However, I being a Gallery Suppoter means that you are part of the group the ensures all pictures get commented on.

And yes, you need to have 100 posts to become a gallery supporter.

CelebrationCakery Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 3:16pm
post #28 of 29

I have not ever read anywhere that you must also donate. I have donated as well but have only just requested to be part of the Gallery Supporter Group...I was always under the impression that Gallery Supporters are members who are making sure pictures are getting comments. I am unaware of any donation neccessary myself...maybe someone else will chime in to let us know.

xstitcher Posted 10 Aug 2008 , 4:22pm
post #29 of 29

Hi All,

No donations are not needed to become a Gallery Supporter Member. All you need to have is atleast 100 posts than go to this link and then put in a request to become a Gallery Supporter. The moderator will then process your request.

HTH! icon_biggrin.gif

http://forum.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=139751&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=60

edited to add link icon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%