Cake With Champagne Glasses To Support Tiers

Business By snowqueen93 Updated 27 Oct 2006 , 4:19pm by snowqueen93

snowqueen93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowqueen93 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 3:24am
post #1 of 5

I am attempting to re-create my parent's wedding cake for an anniversary. The cake was made with champage glasses instead of columns to support the tiers. I don't really want to put a cake seperator on top of each tier because that is not how the cake was originally done. When the champagne glasses were placed on the cake they were placed upside down... Does anyone have any suggestions?

4 replies
sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 3:36am
post #2 of 5

Do you have a picture of the original? I can't think of a way to do it w/o seperator plates, so maybe if we see a picture we'd be able to tell how they did it. The only thing I was thinking of was doweling underneat the glasses, but if they're flipped upside down, that wouldn't work either. Do you remember how many tiers it was? If it was only 2, and you're not having that many people eat cake, maybe you could use a dummy for the top. Less weight that way.

sweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetcakes Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:11am
post #3 of 5

there has to be something to support the glasses. your other option is to use a cake board ontop of the cake and ice completely over it, so it looks just like cake. of course you will still need your dowels in the tier. we do this at the bakery to support the cake toppers.

knoxcop1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
knoxcop1 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:13am
post #4 of 5

Snowqueen:

See my other answer to your post...

--Knox--

snowqueen93 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
snowqueen93 Posted 27 Oct 2006 , 4:19pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you everyone for your responses.... I think I might just put the support under icing or fondant....The pillars might be too much because I am using three glasses.

Thanks again!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%