Decorating By Coral3 Updated 9 Dec 2012 , 4:54pm by mbark

BRATTYR Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BRATTYR Posted 11 Jan 2011 , 1:51am
post #31 of 39

soo cute, thanks for sharing!!!

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 7:01pm
post #32 of 39

OK...I know this is late for this thread but does anyone have sample pics of the other fonts for Clikstix besides the groovy shown here? icon_smile.gif

jillyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillyscakes Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 7:28pm
post #33 of 39

http://cakecentral.com/gallery/2039724/christening-cake
The lettering on the cake are the script clikstix

Jopalis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jopalis Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 7:47pm
post #34 of 39

Thank you. Not what I would envision as "script" but nice. I kind of think the regular upper and lower case are kind of "stiff" looking but these may be nicer option than groovy...if you are getting just one set. Softer looking. Just IMHO... Everyone's taste is different. I just think sometimes a cake with a lot of lettering that is regular takes away from the cake...

jillyscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jillyscakes Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 8:02pm
post #35 of 39

I still prefer fmm tappits to clickstix love the funky one and the plain one. I don't like the indents that are left on the lettering with clickstix and take the backs off them to stop it. Defeats the object really which is why I prefer FMM.

sillyoldpoohbear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sillyoldpoohbear Posted 7 Feb 2012 , 8:02pm
post #36 of 39

Thanks so much for sharing, I didn't realise they did letters too. I love my Funky Tappits letters but most of the time they are too big to fit on the cake. I wish they did different sizes in them.

I bought the hearts when I had to do a 4 tier cake covered in different size hearts & they were amazing. They saved me so much time, being able to cut all the different sizes out in one go. I keep meaning to buy some of the others too.

design-a-cake.co.uk are also another stockist in the UK

Coral3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Coral3 Posted 11 Feb 2012 , 12:20am
post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jillyscakes

I still prefer fmm tappits to clickstix love the funky one and the plain one. I don't like the indents that are left on the lettering with clickstix and take the backs off them to stop it. Defeats the object really which is why I prefer FMM.

You just need to roll your fondant/gumpaste thinner and/or make sure when you're cutting out letters that you only press on the very outer edge (don't push on the ejector bit at all when cutting).

Mickeebabe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mickeebabe Posted 29 Feb 2012 , 11:18pm
post #38 of 39

I love my Clikstix. They were easy to use and look nice too. They have nice clean edges. Just make sure you roll your fondant out thin.

I used the Upper Case Groovy set here:

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 9 Dec 2012 , 4:54pm
post #39 of 39

I just got the groovy lower case letters and was so excited to use them, like the look and size for certain cakes, however I got the dumb indentations on my letters! I will try either just pressing on the edges and also rolling my fondant thinner, but was disappointed these weren't a little easier to use. I LOVE my funky tappits and have no issues with them.  I guess these have a learning curve too, hope I can get them to work right!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%