Rice Paper/ Edible Cupcake Liners

Baking By poppette1 Updated 30 Nov 2010 , 8:03pm by Schnupe

poppette1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
poppette1 Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:11pm
post #1 of 8

Does anyone know of a supplier? Seems like I've searched the whole web. I know they must be out there somewhere! Thanks~

thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 8

I don't understand how these would work. Are you actually baking in them?

alliebear Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alliebear Posted 3 Feb 2010 , 8:29pm
post #3 of 8

wouldn't rice paper jus dissolve from the heat and moisture?

what_a_cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
what_a_cake Posted 16 Nov 2010 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 8

My believe is that won't "dissolve" but actually blend in the cake

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 23 Nov 2010 , 4:55am
post #5 of 8

This friday I think it is TLC ... will eb featuring a show called homemade millionaire and tghe winner gets to sell their invention on HSN .... anyway they have been previewing the net show with a lady who has invented edible cupcake liners .... worth a look.

mazz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mazz Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:20pm
post #6 of 8

Just saw homemade millionaire and the lady with bake huggers / aka cake huggers won.

What she did was take edible paper made from potatoe (not sure if it is rice paper) cut it out like a cupcake sleeve - just like people are doing with the cricut to wrap around cooked cupcakes - she does have a tab so it connects and stays in a circle - it is just a ring with no bottom. She decorates it with edible images before she cuts the wrappers out. Then she puts the edible paper ring in the cupcake pan fills it with batter and bakes - no commercial cupake liner needed - after it bakes it adheres to the cupcake and you eat it liner and all.

She said she invested $20,000 dollars and now HSN will feature it as one of their products. It did not give an air date.

The liner kepts its image and since it is baked onto the cupcake it takes on a soft texture. She also plans on marketing kits with edible markers for kids to create for themselves. She said her price point was $4.50 for 24 liners but I don't know if that will be the true price when it airs.

AmandaPanda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmandaPanda Posted 28 Nov 2010 , 2:39pm
post #7 of 8

hey guys ... They actually aired immediately after the homemade millionaire show at 11pm EST. They sold out by the next morning ... I work for HSN so I cheated and looked at our schow schedule before the airing of the homemmade millionaire show so I could see who won HAHA. They had a a birthday kit with half butterfly design and half balloons ... then they had a christmas one with half candycane and half santa ... they sold 48 liners for $19.95 they offered free shipping that day but I THINK standard shipping charges will be either $4.25 or $5.20 when they come back into stock if they don't offer the free shipping again.

Schnupe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Schnupe Posted 30 Nov 2010 , 8:03pm
post #8 of 8

thats my sister...she did real good .. buy some this coming weekend on HSN

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%