Ice-Cream Scooping Out Frozen Bettercream/whip'n'ice?

Decorating By emiyeric Updated 12 Sep 2010 , 2:17am by jamiekwebb

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 6:41pm
post #1 of 5

I have some Whip 'n' Ice that is still frozen - similar to Bettercream, I guess, which is to be thawed and is shelf stable at room temp for several days, and in the fridge/freezer for a good deal longer than that. Trouble is, I have a HUGE carton of it,since it's the only size they make for this particular flavor I got. The woman at the cake shop told me to open it while frozen and scoop out the amount I wanted to thaw so I wouldn't have to use it all, but that sounds shady to me, since we always have to shake the carton well before thawing it to homogenize it all. What do you think, cakers?

4 replies
jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 5

How do you shake a carton of frozen icing???????

adonisthegreek1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adonisthegreek1 Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 7:53pm
post #3 of 5

It doesn't freeze rock solid.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 11 Sep 2010 , 10:06pm
post #4 of 5

I meant "after thawing", haha ... not before icon_smile.gif. So what I'm afraid of is that the liquid won't have been mixed, so if I scoop out spoonfuls of it, it won't be a nice even mixture of stuff, and might be too water/thick/curdly/whatever ... not the right ratio of ingredients in it, you get the idea.

jamiekwebb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jamiekwebb Posted 12 Sep 2010 , 2:17am
post #5 of 5

well if it was mixed properly before freezing I would imagine that you shouldn't have a problem. I have never worked with the stuff but I have froze buttercream... it does fine after thawing so I would think that this stuff would too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%