Best Cupcake Pans???!!!

Baking By lakergirl Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 4:29am by imagenthatnj

lakergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakergirl Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 2:34pm
post #1 of 14

I guess you would say I am a "Hobby Baker"- but, are continuing to become busier with cupcakes orders! My dilemna is "GOOD CUPCAKE PANS". I have tried many of the name brands & want to replace them with a good quality. Has anyone tried the Calphalon? or would you suggest a commerical pan- looking forward to your suggestions...
Kim icon_biggrin.gificon_smile.gif

13 replies
CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 4:58pm
post #2 of 14

I LOVE my wilton pans. They are easy to clean and make a good size cupcake.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:45pm
post #3 of 14

I have tried many pans and one is so far superior. The goldtouch from Williams-Sonoma. I have done side by side tests... same batter, oven, etc. The quality is fantastic. One commenter on their site said, "No matter how well you bake, these pans will bring your baking to a whole new level. I own every goldtouch made in multiples for my bakery. I hate when I have to bake in a shape or size they don't make. They are pricey... the muffin is $30.00. Even with papers, the results are so noticeable.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 5:55pm
post #4 of 14

I am having a lot of fun with my Debbie Meyer Pan. It has a bracket over the top with silicon plugs over each cupcake. Instant hole to fill after baking. No waste of cupcake and more filling than I can get in with a tip.

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 6:22pm
post #5 of 14

Agree with scp1127. Goldtouch from Williams-Sonoma.

Simply the best ones out there for baking. Yes, they're pricey, but worth it.

xTiffanyx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xTiffanyx Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 6:31pm
post #6 of 14

I use the calphalon muffin tin. I like this one a lot--I tried 2 other kinds before and did not like the results.....however, now that I'm reading the other comments maybe I should try these william -sonoma ones!

imagenthatnj Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 6:34pm
post #7 of 14

all4show, I love those plugs. Maybe I'll see if they fit over my pans! My sister makes a lot of filled cupcakes and this would speed it up. She has been using the apple corer for that.

All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 7:26pm
post #8 of 14

They are fun. They come with the pan for about $20.00.

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 9 Sep 2010 , 7:38pm
post #9 of 14

I agree with goldtouch from WS. I've tried many others and have replaced my pans with these. Plus they have a lifetime guarantee.

lakergirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lakergirl Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:07am
post #10 of 14

Thank you all your comments- looks like Williams Sonoma seems to be the best~~~Will be ordering some new cupcake pans!!!

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 12:52am
post #11 of 14

Can you all elaborate on why the goldtouch are better for baking cupcakes than the other pans? In what way? I'm in need of another pan but wanted to get an exact reason why they are superior.

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:04am
post #12 of 14

They are heavy, light-colored, non-stick pans. It is in the engineering. Go to WS site and there is some information. Also, call one of the stores. They are so knowledgeable and will answer all of your questions, even if you order it online. Another ton of info is reading all of the comments on all of the pans. When I bake bars in a 13x9, the outside against the pan side is the exact same color as the inside and the baking is even. Cupcakes bake perfectly round and the color is so much different... again they are lighter. It's like if you were on Cupcake Wars, these are the ones you would send to the judges. They just redesigned everything and the new ones just hit the stores. I haven't used the new pans yet as I just got them Sunday. Do a comparision test on your first pan and you will get every one.

thin4life Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thin4life Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:18am
post #13 of 14

For the people that own the WS pans, would anyone be willing to do a test? Bake some in a WS pan and some in a different pan and post pictures to show the difference?

imagenthatnj Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 4:29am
post #14 of 14

The first thing I like about them is the feel. They are very solid. They don't scratch easily, rust or get discolored. My pans still look brand new. Nothing sticks to them. I also have the 8" and the 9" round pans and cakes bake evenly and with a good browning without getting burned (I guess because they're not your usual dark nonstick).

I found out about them when I saw a video that Cooks Illustrated did where they compared three different kinds of pans, baking three cakes at the same time and showing the bottom, top and sides of the cakes.

The only thing that upsets me is that there is not a big selection in sizes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%