Adding White Chocolate Pudding To Cake Recipe

Baking By mcdonald Updated 15 Jan 2010 , 2:02pm by KHalstead

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 7:56pm
post #1 of 9

I am going to make a white chocolate raspberry cake. I have found a recipe on here that calls for white chocolate melted and a stick of butter. I am used to using the WASC recipe and would like to be able to adapt this to adding white chocolate pudding. Do you think I would need to add any more liquid to accomodate the pudding??

Raspberry - Dandelion56602
1 box white
1 c Sugar
1 c Flour
3/4 t Salt
4 Egg White
1 C Pureed Raspberries
1/3 c Creamer or water
2 T Oil
8 oz (non-dairy) Sour Cream
1-2 tsp Raspberry Flavoring

8 replies
bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 9

I have a question: 1 box white what? White cake mix? White chocolate pudding? It doesn't say.

For doctoring any recipe, I first make it as written, then make notes and changes, making more notes along the way. That's the easiest way to do it. Let us know how it turns out.

2SchnauzerLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2SchnauzerLady Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 8:28pm
post #3 of 9

You could send a pm to Macsmom - she has a LOT of experience doctoring recipies. Then you could let us know her recommendations - can you tell I have no idea? Last time I tried doctoring a cake recipe - it came out more like a pudding cake!!!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 9

if you're using a WASC recipe then it already has pudding in it, so you can definitely sub for white chocolate pudding mix.

I like to shave white chocolate and fold it into my batter and it's so yummy!!!

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 9:49pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I like to shave white chocolate and fold it into my batter and it's so yummy!!!

Oh does that sound good! icon_lol.gif

mcdonald Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mcdonald Posted 14 Jan 2010 , 11:14pm
post #6 of 9

that does sound good.... better than melting the white chocolate.... okay... you know what i am about to ask... do you have any idea HOW MUCH chocolate you would shave in there with 1 cake mix?? Or do you just "eye" it like I do so much of my stuff?

And sorry... that recipe is 1 white cake mix!!

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:10pm
post #7 of 9

..moving to Recipe Tips & Ideas. icon_smile.gif

tbittner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tbittner Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 1:17pm
post #8 of 9

Here is a recipe off the "Gourmet Flavors" thread here on CC.
White Chocolate (Raspberry) Cake - fievel
2 boxes white cake mix
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 cups granulated sugar
1 packet white chocolate pudding
1 1/2 teas. salt
8 egg whites
1 1/3 cup sugar free White Chocolate Torani Syrup (World Market sells it)
1 1/3 cup milk
4 Tbls. vegetable oil
2 cups white chocolate raspberry yogurt
6 oz melted white chocolate chips added at the end.
*To frost them I used the white truffle filling with seedless raspberry preserves mixed it.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 2:02pm
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcdonald

that does sound good.... better than melting the white chocolate.... okay... you know what i am about to ask... do you have any idea HOW MUCH chocolate you would shave in there with 1 cake mix?? Or do you just "eye" it like I do so much of my stuff?

And sorry... that recipe is 1 white cake mix!!

The first white choc. raspberry cake I ever made was a recipe from McCormick's and they said to melt and cool 6 oz. of white choc.

So I've always stuck with that measurement. One of the baker's whtie chocolate bars is 6 oz. so seems simple enough right??

I literally take my vegetable peeler and just peeel away over my bowl of batter and then fold in the shavings.

The cake rises SUPER high and then comes down a bit after cooling. the texture with it folded in is so much lighter and moist and you get little pockets of white chocolate throughout....really kinda neat.

I was finding when I melted and cooled sometimes (oddly enough) the white chocolate seemed to settle at the bottom of the cake, making the bottom seem soggy and almost unbaked. However, when I fold in the shavings, they're so thin and light that they are much lighter in density than my cake batter, so even once they melt, it stays put. (I use pudding in my cake batter, so it's on the thicker side too)

HTH

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%