Gumpaste Sunflower...any Tutorials

Decorating By Kiddiekakes Updated 27 Mar 2013 , 9:00pm by Adris Pastries

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 2:13am
post #31 of 40

I don't know...today I was emotionally exhausted or something...my daughter SCREAMED bloody murder at the top of her lungs when I trimmed her bangs....it was one of those days I was seriously wondering why I decided to quit teaching to be a SAHM!

sweetopia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetopia Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 3:11pm
post #32 of 40

Thanks Edna for the sweet compliment!
Niliquely, hope today is better! thumbs_up.gif

Peridot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peridot Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 4:24pm
post #33 of 40

Yes, yes, yes Edna - Sunflower Tutorial and don't forget the tulips!! icon_smile.gif

Cakepro Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakepro Posted 6 Apr 2009 , 6:35pm
post #34 of 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niliquely

I don't know...today I was emotionally exhausted or something...my daughter SCREAMED bloody murder at the top of her lungs when I trimmed her bangs....it was one of those days I was seriously wondering why I decided to quit teaching to be a SAHM!

Ah, but when you do that final walk through the house, checking locks and turning off lights before you go to bed, and you walk into her room, see her sleeping like an angel, adjust her covers and kiss her little forehead, you remember why you chose your new profession as full-time mom. icon_smile.gif Hugs to you!

Niliquely Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Niliquely Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:16pm
post #35 of 40

icon_wink.gif Thanks guys! Yesterday was much better and I'm hoping today will be too!

Edna - I think you need to have your own show on Food Network or something! I love your tutorials! Yes please on the sunflowers and tulips and my favorite flower is a peony but I can never find anywhere how to make them...can you do those too??

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 7 Apr 2009 , 12:25pm
post #36 of 40

Yes...I would really like a gumpaste tulip tutorial!!!Pretty Please....

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:01pm
post #37 of 40

Edna, I absolutely LOVE your tutorials, and I'm with everyone else here... a tutorial on sunflowers, tulips and anything else would be so great!!! You really should have your own show... your flowers are stunning.

About the sunflowers... what tool would you use to "vein" the petals? Is there a specific size veiner I should look for?

jolie1977 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jolie1977 Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:21pm
post #38 of 40

I was just on Global Sugar Art's website and notice that Nicholas Lodge has LOTS of video tutorials on sugar/gumpaste flowers... I'm looking to educate myself and learn as many flowers as I possibly can... are his videos the best to get?

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 15 Jan 2010 , 4:36pm
post #39 of 40

Someone posted like 1001 tutorials in one thread, perhaps there's something there: http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=654803&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Adris Pastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adris Pastries Posted 27 Mar 2013 , 9:00pm
post #40 of 40

A

Hi :) I know this is an old post but I was wondering if you ended up making a tutorial for your sunflowers? I have a wedding cake coming up and I have never attempted sunflowers and yours are beautiful! I love your pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%