Question Re: Toba Garrett's Fondant Recipe

Decorating By moxey2000 Updated 12 May 2010 , 7:17pm by Sassy74

AKA_cupcakeshoppe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AKA_cupcakeshoppe Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 1:39pm
post #61 of 71

I wonder if coconut milk (canned) can be used for MFF. We have coconut flavored evaporated milk here too.

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 5:07pm
post #62 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by cupcakeshoppe

I wonder if coconut milk (canned) can be used for MFF. We have coconut flavored evaporated milk here too.

I don't see why not. Sounds good to me.

Shannellr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannellr Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:31pm
post #63 of 71

Hi all - Now I too am interested in Michelle's recipe! As well as the white chocolate clay! The last attempt I had at making chocolate clay, it hardened like a rock and was a total loss! I love working with fondant but I got so sick of melting marshmallows (MMF) that I (*sigh!) have resorted to buying it online again. Are the recipes online? Thanks!! shannellr thumbs_up.gif

xstitcher Posted 19 Mar 2009 , 9:39pm
post #64 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shannellr

Hi all - Now I too am interested in Michelle's recipe! As well as the white chocolate clay! The last attempt I had at making chocolate clay, it hardened like a rock and was a total loss! I love working with fondant but I got so sick of melting marshmallows (MMF) that I (*sigh!) have resorted to buying it online again. Are the recipes online? Thanks!! shannellr thumbs_up.gif

I only made MMF twice, couldn't stand the mess and tried MFF, I will never go back.....

If your looking for MFF here is the link:

http://cakecentral.com/cake_recipes_rate-3663-5.html

Shannellr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Shannellr Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:45pm
post #66 of 71

xstitcher - thank you for the link...the "leather" part threw me off! I'm hoping to try to make Michelle's fondant this weekend as well as the modeling chocolate (with marshmallow cream) for flower petals. We'll see between soccer games, dance, 2 birthday parties and cleaning house if I get that chance!! icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Posted 20 Mar 2009 , 4:48pm
post #67 of 71

Your welcome Shannellr! Let me know how it goes and have fun this weekend icon_lol.gif !

Sugarflowers Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarflowers Posted 25 Mar 2009 , 5:34am
post #68 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baking_Booth

Do you have to add the glucose to Michele Foster's Fondant recipe? Is there a substitute? What is the purpose of the glucose?

Glucose is a thicker version of corn syrup, so corn syrup is usually used because it is easier for most people to find. The glucose serves a couple of purposes. One is the base liquid for the fondant, the sugar content adds to the flavor and cuts the starch taste of the powdered sugar, and because glucose is thick and stretchy, this helps the fondant to be soft, pliable, and slightly stretchy. Glycerin also helps with moisture content, pliability, and stretch.

HTH and sorry to take so long to answer.

Michele

ElectricCook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ElectricCook Posted 28 Mar 2009 , 7:08pm
post #69 of 71

Sugerflowers (aka Michele),

Thanks for updating your fondant recipe. I am FONDANTLY challanged. I have had mixed success with MMF.

I tried Toba's for my DS's 9th birthday party and it was a disaster. Needless to say I made a cake from Carvel's because I couldn't allow my self to serve a cake I didn't make. I have a friend that is a child psychiatrist so I am covered on that end. I had my DH go out and buy the biggest Ice Cream Cake that Carvel's had and then I promised to buy my DS anything he wanted to make up for not having a cake that I made for his party.

I was very afraid to make my own fondant other than MMF because of the mixed results I had and I haven't been baking lately due to the Carvel's incident.

I have researched your recipe in the forums and I planned on making it when I saw on the home page that you updated it. Thank you again from someone who is FONDANTLY challanged.

Electric Cook

Debi2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Debi2 Posted 12 May 2010 , 5:57pm
post #70 of 71

I was just wondering how well the MFF mixed with the white chocolate clay holds up in the heat and humidity?

Sassy74 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sassy74 Posted 12 May 2010 , 7:17pm
post #71 of 71

Some great info in this thread! Thanks so much, y'all!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%