Stiletto

Decorating By Felicious Updated 19 May 2010 , 1:41pm by nidasaint

Felicious Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Felicious Posted 30 Sep 2008 , 9:16pm
post #1 of 16

Can you tell me how to construct a cake made in the shape of a Stiletto?

15 replies
kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 1 Oct 2008 , 4:36pm
post #2 of 16

I have a few step by step pix of a pr of stiletto heels I made - is that what you mean? If you pm me your email I can send them to you.

msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 10 Oct 2008 , 5:26am
post #3 of 16

Hi, Kakeladi, if you wouldn't mind could you please assist me as well. Today, I attempted to make one and I failed icon_sad.gif I really need to know how this is done bc I have to do it over the weekend and I am at a lost, for real.
Any help would be greatly appreciated icon_smile.gif
My email is [email protected]

Thank you so much icon_smile.gif

1of5wives Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
1of5wives Posted 11 Oct 2008 , 1:49pm
post #4 of 16

Hi, Could you please send me the step by step also.... I am having a hard time with this.

Thanks 1of5wives

kakeladi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kakeladi Posted 15 Oct 2008 , 2:27am
post #5 of 16

Hi gals; Sorry I have not been on line. I am traveling from CA to KY and this is the 1st I've had opportunity to get on line.
If you send me an *e-mail* I cand send pix. I cannot do it in a pm. kakeladi at yahoo dot com
It may take me a day or two to answer you....have a long daily trip and don't always have internet connection when we stop for the night.

msthang1224 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:17pm
post #6 of 16

Hi, i've sent you an email, thanks so much icon_smile.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:26pm
post #7 of 16

If you look in my pix, I just did one recently. It's called "Edie's Shoe Cake." If that's the kind of cake instruction you're looking for, I'll share how I constructed it.

msthang1224 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:35pm
post #8 of 16

Yes, please I would love it, if you would please send it to me. http://[email protected]

azeboi2005 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
azeboi2005 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:38pm
post #9 of 16

bobwonderbuns...OMG THAT IS AMAZING!!!! could you email me the instructions too? my email is [email protected] thanks so much!

chris

born2bake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
born2bake Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:46pm
post #10 of 16

bobwonderbuns - can you please PM me the instructions on how your constructed this. Would love to try this for a practice cake.

Thanks a bunch!
B2B

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 9:55pm
post #11 of 16

I'll just post the instructions here. Okay, first you need to figure out what size you want. This cake was going to an outdoor venue so it had to be big and bold. We figured that the heel area should accommodate a 6 x 3 inch round cake so we went with those dimensions. I used the gumpaste shoe template that Boonenati posted here on CC and blew that up and up and up until the heel was 6 inches across. (It took several sheets of paper taped together by the time we got the whole sole to where we wanted it.) Then I borrowed my boss's stilettos she was wearing that day (took 'em right off her feet and said "here" icon_lol.gif ) to get the proper angle from toe to heel. I think the heel rose 9 inches if I remember correctly. Then we had a guy who works in a specialty shop mold a hard plastic shoe form using the template and measured dimensions. (Edie's hubby Ron who commissioned the cake is an architect so he helped tremendously with this! thumbs_up.gif )

Now, having the sole made to use as a cakeboard, we then went shopping for the biggest cake drum we could find, which was 22 inches. We drilled holes in the ball of the foot part and the heel of the foot part of the plastic sole. Then I flipped it over, covered the bottom with piping gel and red fondant. Let that dry a couple days, flip right side up and bolted a 1/2 inch dowel to the board and the heel and bolted the toe part to the drum. Then I covered the topside of the plastic shoe form with white fondant and let that dry. We put a blob of red fondant on the 1/2 inch dowel and let that dry too to show the heel flaring out at the top. It looked like a toilet plunger! icon_razz.gif

Next I baked a 8 x 3 inch square cake, a 6 x 3 inch round and a loaf pan of cake. I carved the 8 x 3 square for the toe area (keeping the scraps for later), put the loaf cake up the center and used the 6 x 3 round cake for the heel. I used the cake scraps and buttercream to fill in the gaps. Next we covered the entire thing with buttercream and chilled for a day at least to prevent sliding. Then we cut the fondant into three pieces, one for the length of the shoe from the ball of the foot to the heel, one for the toe area and one for the heel proper. It took two of us to get it all smoothed out and we only had two seams to finish off which we did with ribbon.

It's funny, Ron called me the next day and thanked me up and down for the cake. As it turns out he had called every bakery and home decorator in town and they all turned him down! icon_surprised.gif I enlisted the help of my cake teacher Karen Sass (a most amazing cake artist in her own right) and we delivered it with me holding the cake and her driving at 10 mph all the way across town. We made it and all was well! icon_lol.gif Funny thing too, a gal was looking at my www recently and ordered the very same cake for a function in November... icon_eek.gificon_surprised.gificon_cool.gificon_confused.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif Needless to say I tripled the price of it and she said that was "very reasonable." Go figure! icon_razz.gif

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:00pm
post #12 of 16

I forgot to mention that the cake measured about 20-21 inches long (something like that) and was 13 inches tall.

Thank you for all your compliments on it too! icon_redface.gificon_smile.gif

angelatx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelatx Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:24pm
post #13 of 16

i looked at the cake and gee its super cool! very kind of you bobwonderbuns to post the instructions for everyone. have a great day everyone!!! icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

becky27 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becky27 Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:29pm
post #14 of 16

beautiful!!! thank you so much!!!!! you totally rock!!!!!

bobwonderbuns Posted 16 Oct 2008 , 10:30pm
post #15 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felicious

Can you tell me how to construct a cake made in the shape of a Stiletto?

Felicious have we answered your question?

nidasaint Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nidasaint Posted 19 May 2010 , 1:41pm
post #16 of 16

I just used a clear plastic cake column I bought at wal-mart for the heel. My husband used a lag bolt through it and bolted the column down to the plywood cake board. We cut several thicknesses of corragated cardboard and shaped the sole of the shoe. We used a few tiny finishing nails to nail the toe of the shoe to the plywood base then covered all of that with parchment paper and started building the shoe. The toe of the shoe is from one half of the Wilton sphere cake mold. The rest of the shoe is from two loaf pans. After carving the outside of the cake I then hollowed out some at the toe and the inside to give it the effect of the inside of a shoe. It was just for fun for my daughter in laws birthday. I just make cakes for my family, I don't try to sell them. I usually don't make another one once I make the first one. It is a family tradition for members to come up with an idea and see how my husband and I interpret and build it. I give them to my family as their gift. THEY LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for sharing.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%