Cowboots Cake

Decorating By dorcusjean Updated 23 Jun 2008 , 12:56am by Molly2

dorcusjean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorcusjean Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 1:08pm
post #1 of 5

How do I make Cowboy boots that stand up. Please Help bad. Can someone email me instructions. Thanks
Dorcusjean
[email protected]

4 replies
JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 21 Jun 2008 , 6:05pm
post #2 of 5

Yep, I saw that picture, too, and would also love to know. I think the big trick would be getting something that narrow to stand that tall. Dowel?

cakequeen50 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakequeen50 Posted 22 Jun 2008 , 12:23am
post #3 of 5

I've seen those boots for about 8 years and always knew that there was a class about them. Well, come to find out, there is also a stand made by Carolyn Wanke/Mangold. Info below

"The Cowboy Boot Cake Kit consists of the boot stand, patterns, recipes, written instructions, some tools, and a one hour and forty-five minute step-by-step instructional video or DVD. (The boot stand can be used over and over. When I make a boot cake, I require a deposit on the stand pieces so they will be returned to me.)

The photography for the video was done by Henslee Productions in Boerne, TX. This was my first and only video, and Dale did his best to make me look professional.

The retail price of the kit is $225.00 which includes US postage, and handling . Sorry, no Paypal.
Make checks payable to: Carolyn Mangold
Thanks for the inquiry and a blessed new year to you and yours!

Carolyn Wanke Mangold
807 33rd Street
Hondo, TX 78861-3513
(830) 741-2615
[email protected]

Hope that helps, a bit too pricey for me.

JulieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieB Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:16am
post #4 of 5

Wow, $225. Yep, too pricey. I think I can probably figure it out...........

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 23 Jun 2008 , 12:56am
post #5 of 5

I made some out of rice crispies and covered them with fondant if you really talentent you can carve them out of cake and cove them with fondant using pound cake for the leg part of the boot (Western cake in my Pics)

Molly2

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%