I Put My Fondant Cake In The Freezer...

Business By Tomoore Updated 13 Jun 2008 , 4:55am by tonedna

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 10:50pm
post #1 of 6

...and now its a mess. The fondant is wet and the black fondant is running all over the white icing (it's a book cake). I have it sitting in front of a fan. Will the wetness evaporate?

5 replies
cheeseball Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheeseball Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 11:29pm
post #2 of 6

Well....in my experience, if you're working in a climate controlled environment (lucky you), it will dry, but it will still look like melted, puddly fondant. If you're in a humid place with no a/c, it won't dry at all and you're wasting your time with the fan. Unfortunately, this sounds like it might be a do-over icon_cry.gif

Tomoore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tomoore Posted 12 Jun 2008 , 11:54pm
post #3 of 6

Wow...I can't do over. I'm headed out of town. Great. icon_sad.gif Thanks.

FromScratch Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FromScratch Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:22am
post #4 of 6

Ooooh.. that stinks! I have never frozen a fondant cake.. how did you thaw it? Did you just take it out and put it on the counter or did you put it in the fridge first? Did you leave it wrapped while it thawed? Could you possibly take some fondant with you and re-do it there? icon_sad.gif Sorry you have a mess on your hands.

ladyonzlake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladyonzlake Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:34am
post #5 of 6

I refrigerate my fondant cakes all of the time but I've never frozen one. Try putting it in the frig. and see if it will stop sweating and then once it's thawed then bring it out to room temp.?

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 13 Jun 2008 , 4:55am
post #6 of 6

Im sorry.. icon_sad.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%