Another Servings Question, This Doesn't Make Sense

Decorating By HammIamm Updated 25 Jan 2007 , 8:35pm by bobwonderbuns

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:41am
post #91 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by msmanning2

Can we stop talking about the "bigger" people? What does that really have to do with anything? Sorry, just had to vent that out.

??

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 3:56am
post #92 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetResults

Okay fmandds - I see your avatar and signature quote and I have to ask.....

Are YOU a 15 year old boy? icon_biggrin.gif HAHAHAHA!

Just kidding of course, I hope I don't offend, but I just couldn't stop myself. icon_smile.gif

icon_lol.gif Not offended, but no, I'm not. "Not that there's anything wrong with that."(Seinfeld) Female, just really enjoy Superman. And Brandon Routh is not that bad to look at while I'm here. icon_redface.gificon_wink.gif I, at one point, had Ewan McGregor as my avatar. icon_biggrin.gif

fmandds Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fmandds Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:02am
post #93 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

fmandds, nope that not it, but interesting photos! I'm not sure if a cake with three layers of filling could do that. Has anyone tried?

Oooh! The next cake I make I'll test it out. Hmmm, now I must create a reason to make a real cake. I knew I never should bought those dummies! icon_razz.gif

In thinking it through, I don't see why it wouldn't work, if the filling was stiff enough to hold the thinner layers of cake together. Maybe I'll go back and ask indydebi, since done her cakes this way for years, maybe she has done a three layer.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 6 Jan 2007 , 4:48am
post #94 of 95

Hey MsManning2, I know exactly how you are feeling... I kinda felt that a little at first until nglez clarified that he meant bigger appetites. Not necessarily *fat* people. Tall, fat, hearty appetites, whatever it meant, I don't think there was any malice intended. icon_redface.gif

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 25 Jan 2007 , 8:35pm
post #95 of 95
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by nglez09

What chart Zmama?

This one, back on page 2 in this thread, at the bottom. Before all the rambling about tiny pieces and crappy cake icon_wink.gif

ROUND.....Wedding 1x2x4 ......Party 1.5x2x4 .........Family 2x2x4  
6 ................14 .............................8 ..............................7   
8 ................20 ...........................14 .............................12   
10 ..............34............................22 .............................14-16  
12 ..............48 ...........................28-32 .........................24   
14 ..............70 ...........................44-48 .........................29   
16 ..............96 ...........................64 ..............................44   

Then it continues with squares and sheets. Just wondering if it needed anything added or changed.

Edited for formatting.

Zmama, how are you cutting the circular cakes to get these amounts? I have a wedding consultation (remember Mrs. 6-foot wedding cake for free? icon_confused.gif) Anyway, I'm using your chart but I want to have some knowledge of how the cake is cut. Thx!!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%