Great Cakes In St. Louis, Missouri

Decorating By cakemaster2000 Updated 15 Nov 2006 , 5:13am by ckkerber

cakemaster2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemaster2000 Posted 8 Nov 2006 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone,

I have a customer whose mom lives in St. Louis, Missouri. She wants to know if there's anyone out there that can make a cake for her mom's special birthday celebration coming up just after Thanksgiving. She loves the cakes I make, which are usually covered with French buttercream (it's a little harder to work with, because it has butter, flour and milk in it and melts quicker when you try to pipe with it, but the taste is worth it--not too sweet). Anyway, she wants a 1/2 sheet cake with 2, 3, or 4 different filling in it. I just separate the fillings with a dam of icing--yes, I know I've spoiled my customers. If you can help, and your cakes taste and look awesome, please let me know.

Thanks a bunch,
Cakemaster2000

7 replies
ckkerber Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ckkerber Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 1:32am
post #2 of 8

bump!

I'm in St. Louis but I only do cakes for family / friends. I'm not quite good enough yet to want to make one for a stranger! But there are quite a few St. Louis cakies here so hopefully they'll see this!

cakemaster2000 Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:03pm
post #3 of 8

Hi Ckkerber,

Thanks for your reply anyway! Do you know of any really great bakeries in the St. Louis area where the cakes taste as good as they look??? I know my old customer would prefer an independent cake person make her mom's cake, but if you know a great bakery, I'm sure she's settle for that. Most bakery cakes look great, but don't taste very good. Do you know one that can pull off both great looks and great taste???? Any input you can give will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Cakemaster2000

ckkerber Posted 9 Nov 2006 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 8

Do you know where in St. Louis your clients mom lives? St. Louis is pretty spread out (the suburbs, anyway) so if I knew which area she was in I could recommend a bakery.

There are also a lot of bakers from St. Louis that are on this forum . . . I'll see if I can get the word out for you.

cakemaster2000 Posted 11 Nov 2006 , 5:18am
post #5 of 8

Hi Ckkerber,

No I don't know where in St. Louis, But I think somewhere not too far from the airport. I'll try to find out. I don't know if that helps.

Thanks for checking back with me.

Cakemaster2000

mommacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommacakes Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:34pm
post #6 of 8

I know that there is Laura White of Union MO. Her cakes are fabulous. It might be too late to book her now. Union is about 40-50 miles away from St. Louis. Google Laura White of Union. It should come up Cake Creations or something like that. She did my wedding cake and her cakes are incredible. We had a cake that fed about 500 people and not one drop was left. Not even the top of our cake. Hope this helps.....

ckkerber Posted 14 Nov 2006 , 2:52pm
post #7 of 8

I pm'd a few people from St. Louis to be sure they saw this message. Hopefully, someone will be able to help.

As far as bakeries in the area, here's a good one:

McArthurs Bakery
3055 Lemay Ferry Rd.
St. Louis, MO 63125
314-894-0900

ckkerber Posted 15 Nov 2006 , 5:13am
post #8 of 8

Here's another bakery that I haven't personally tried, but that I have heard good things about. It's also been featured in our "St. Louis Homes and Lifestyles" magazine:

The Cakery Bakery
1420 Tamm Ave.
(314)647-6000
www.thecakerybakery.net

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%