How Friendly!???

Decorating By KayDay Updated 11 May 2005 , 12:53pm by peacockplace

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 10 May 2005 , 6:43am
post #1 of 14

KayDay,

All of your Mother's Day Cake contest entries have been removed and you will not be permitted to participate in this contest.

The rules clearly state that 1 contest entry is allowed per person.
http://cakecentral.com/content-3-Mothers-Day-Cake-Contest.html

If you continue to violate the contest rules you will be prohibited from entering in any further contests.

Thank You.

Couldn't this have been put a little more nicely? What did I do to make anyone think i was TRYING to violate rules? plus why on earth would someone need to WARN me about next time? jesus...did this make me a criminal?? LMAO

13 replies
Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 May 2005 , 6:51am
post #2 of 14

Not really sure why you think this is a rude response.

The rules of the contest were violated and a warning was issued. Seems like pretty standard forum administration to me.

It is too bad that you took this personally enough to leave the community over but I really don't see how the site admin is out of line here.

As for your concern about another member having multiple entries, perhaps those are also being dealt with, or were not caught at the same time. I highly doubt you are being singled out and that special treatment is being given to other members.

Try asking around, Jackie has been completely fair and forthcoming in all issues regarding this community.

cyndilou1273 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cyndilou1273 Posted 10 May 2005 , 6:57am
post #3 of 14

I just joined and it would seem Mr. Heath that you only having one post as well, wouldn't know much more than I do. I feel that it WAS rude and someone could have nicely emailed this woman and told her that she broke the rule and not made it sound like she was a repeat offender by insinuating she would do it again. I personally know her and KNOW she wouldn't do something like that intentionally, I also want to be removed from the "community: as your dictator isn't to my liking either.

Heath Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Heath Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:15am
post #4 of 14

Just because it is my first post does not mean I have not been following the forums for a long time, I just tend to lurk.

It is standard practice when addressing a rule violation to lay out the consequences of continued rule violations, it does not insinuate that the person will continue the behavior, it is merely clear disclosure. If a person chooses to insert the implication between the lines that is their own psychological issue to deal with.

It would be one thing if the site admin had aired this violation in the forums and embarrassed the member, but it was the member in question who chose to post the message.

so the facts are that she was notified privately, her entry was removed from the contest without any public attention being drawn to her, and yet she feels she should have received a personalized letter rather than a form notification.

Jackie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jackie Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:25am
post #5 of 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KayDay

KayDay,
Couldn't this have been put a little more nicely? What did I do to make anyone think i was TRYING to violate rules? plus why on earth would someone need to WARN me about next time? jesus...did this make me a criminal?? LMAO

KayDay,

The private message you received from me was a formal notice of a contest rules violation, it was not meant as a personal attack or an insuation of "criminal" behavior. CakeCentral.com is a very large community and growing larger everyday so we depend on automation and quick non-personal responses to keep things running smoothly.

This does not mean,however, that the community is fully automated and "robotic". CakeCentral.com is run by real people (like myself) and I absolutely depend on clear, consice, and to-the-point communications, automated or not.

As for the others you mentioned, We are currently dealing with other members that also uploaded multiple contest entries.

crylynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crylynn Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:30am
post #6 of 14

Kayday, it seems to me that you are the one turning this private matter into a public issue. No one else on the site would have known anything had happened if you hadn't made the decision to post your dirty laundry. Really, everyone makes mistakes and sometimes we are all called on the carpet for them. Most of us just learn from the issue and move on, we don't throw temper tantrums. What would you have preferred the moderators do? They are busy constantly trying to keep this site going according to the rules and regulations we are all supposed to uphold. Also, their notification was not implying that you were trying to break the rules, or that you would be a 'repeat offender'. They are just notifying you using clear language what had happened, and covering themselves so IF it did happen again, no one could say 'you didn't tell me that could happen!'. Really, it was not a personal attack against only you, there are too many people on this site for that.

KayDay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KayDay Posted 10 May 2005 , 7:42am
post #7 of 14

Well it truly FELT that way...and all I can say is it was a bad feeling after working for 3 days on the cake that was oulled off. I have other people telling me that it has happened with others and they only pulled the photos except for one...Look I am not whining to anyone , I said what I had to say about how I felt and now I simply wish to be left alone to find a new forum to hang out in where the people are people and not auto posts...purely a simple choice ...just as yours was to get in this topic. It was truly only meant for a few that I correspond with here since I asked to be removed from the group and I wished them to know why. But as always thanks for your input! icon_biggrin.gif

flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 10 May 2005 , 8:12am
post #8 of 14

OK... well, I think things definately have gotten a little pulled out of whack... no not everyone reads everything in a contract, in a rule, or what not, but if they dont that is totally their fault.. not 100% sure what happened here, but I assume that KayDay had entered more then one cake... whether it be accidental or "purposely but unaware" it was a violation. I went through similiar problems recently with a bowling tournament not reading entry rules...(well sort of anyway, I never got the rules but signed a paper saying I did, but read all but one line on that paper that I did sign) my son almost paid the price... and if it werent for other people here where we are having the same problem, because rules were not handed out, then all 12 of our children on this base would have been kicked out of tournament.. BTTP (back to the post) all of this and this contest problem could have all been avoided if all of the rules were read, and if they were, but an accident happened, then by trying to get some help to resolve it quicker...
JACKIE is a very great administrator, this is a great site, and I am surprised anyone would have misconstrude that PM (spelled wrong) as rude....

brennafaye Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brennafaye Posted 10 May 2005 , 10:48am
post #9 of 14

I was likely part of the problem as I also had two entries there....I am very new to this site and I am guilty of not reading the rules and also I had not planned on entering either of them into the contest as I do not have the wonderful skills that were already on display....I was doing it on my MIL computer as it was the only place I could upload the pictures and posted in the contest by error and then discovered that I had wanted them in the gallery....I am sorry if I had helped causing this problem as I believe I may have been the initial offender of the crime that led to KAYDAY putting two cakes in as well......I am sorry for any problems

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 10 May 2005 , 12:29pm
post #10 of 14

Brennafaye, I do not think you need to feel guilty of any crime, or responsibility for what is going on now. Looks to me like it comes down to the method of notification that there was a problem, I guess if KayDay had "confessed" to making this mistake all would have been forgiven. I haven't read all the rules either, but what I have read I find to be somewhat confusing. Janice

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 10 May 2005 , 9:14pm
post #11 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

CakeCentral.com is a very large community and growing larger everyday so we depend on automation and quick non-personal responses to keep things running smoothly.

No cake site is ever that busy that someone cant take the time to answer questions that are from there members (Members) that keep this site up and going, there is no need for automated messages on a cake site...

For that matter if there is such a thing as auto messgaes on this site why have I not gotten any to the questions I have posted to you a few weeks ago??? And others that have done the same that you have not taken the time to get back to.

I feel if all of this persons photos were taken off and she was not given a choice of which one she would like to have left up there then everyone that posted more then one should have all of theres taken off too.. I am sure I am going to step on toes but if its done to one then it needs to be done to all... The same as if there are photos posted that are not to theme they should be taken off too.. again my personal thoughts here.

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 11 May 2005 , 2:33am
post #12 of 14

I have never been really clear of the rules. I have seen the rules but I haven't seen how the votes will go. Someone asked a question several days ago about the amount of cakes you can post in the contest... I don't think I ever saw a answer.

Newbies & any olbies... LOL! Please post your photo's in the right gallery!!!! We have wedding cakes in Bdays & the galleries are all mixed up. So try to pay attention to what you are doing when you upload pics. Read first please. Thank you!

KayDay... I wish you wouldn't leave!!!!!!!!!! So if you see this......... come back!!!!!!!!!

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 11 May 2005 , 2:39am
post #13 of 14
Quote:
Quote:

Someone asked a question several days ago about the amount of cakes you can post in the contest... I don't think I ever saw a answer.

I think that is the problem with a handful of posts they are not being answered.. Can anyone tell me why Jackie is not replying to anything any more???

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 11 May 2005 , 12:53pm
post #14 of 14

She replied to mine yesterday. My guess is she's pretty busy. It can't be easy to run this site along with have another job too!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%