Do You Give Credit To Others?

Decorating By JaneK Updated 20 Mar 2007 , 1:30pm by indydebi

JaneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaneK Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:21pm
post #1 of 5

I feel it is a really nice gesture to give credit to someone when you copy, take inspiration from or when you get help from another....shows appreciation, I think

Do you guys think it not necessary or do you agree?

This post is not in response to anything that has happened to me lately...just want to know..

I agree it is flattering when someone copies but the mannerly gesture IMHO would be to credit the work..

Thanks!
Jane

4 replies
calvarykari Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
calvarykari Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:31pm
post #2 of 5

I try but my problem is I can't remember who I got the idea from. I also like to morph ideas from a couple of people to try to give it my own touch. My best response is to say that I got the ideas and inspiration from this site because it is truly a group thing. It is getting tips from many people and inspiration from gallery pictures. If I have offended anyone by not giving them credit personally then I would really be sorry.

shelbur10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shelbur10 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:45pm
post #3 of 5

If I 'copy' a specific thing from a cake I see, I do try to give credit to that person. I don't necessarily think that it's required, but just good manners, and I would like to be credited if anyone directly duplicated one of my ideas. For the most part, I get my ideas from a number of different cakes and try to make it my own.
I do need to give credit to all CC members in general for sharing all of your knowledge and ideas. I've improved greatly since I found this site, even though I have a long way to go.

cocorum21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocorum21 Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 12:53pm
post #4 of 5

I try ti give credit when I can remember where I got the idea from. I have alot of pictures saved to my computer from sites but can't remember where I got the picture from.

I'd also like to know if you feel that you should ask permission before doing a cake? Being from another site or even from here on CC?

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 20 Mar 2007 , 1:30pm
post #5 of 5

I tell my brides that deciding on a cake design is a cut-n-paste process. "The border from this one, that set-up, this decoration on the sides, etc". By the time she gets done picking the elements from 3 or 4 different cakes.....?
icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%